Play "Cards Against Atheist Forums" online now!
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 27th April 2017, 03:08

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The UN votes to abolish the death penalty.
The UN votes to abolish the death penalty.
Of course, the US voted against the resolution:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/6637

How can the US claim to be a leader in human rights when it ignores the majority of nations on Earth that do not carry out executions?
RE: The UN votes to abolish the death penalty.
(27th December 2016, 18:32)Jehanne Wrote: Of course, the US voted against the resolution:

How can the US claim to be a leader in human rights when it ignores the majority of nations on Earth that do not carry out executions?

Fair point. But on the plus side, the US also just told Israel what they can do with their illegal, inhumane settlements. I would rather have had a 'no' vote than an abstention, but it's still good when someone has the balls to remind Israel that not everything they do is right.

Boru
'There are people who long for immortality in the afterlife who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.' - Isaac Asimov
(27th December 2016, 18:32)Jehanne Wrote: ...

The same way I can claim to be "Prince of Every Country Beginning with 'S' and Patron Saint of Clowns" and no one will call me out on it if I repeatedly express my ambivalence toward human life and carry around a fully loaded shotgun at all times.

How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(27th December 2016, 18:44)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(27th December 2016, 18:32)Jehanne Wrote: Of course, the US voted against the resolution:

Fair point.  But on the plus side, the US also just told Israel what they can do with their illegal, inhumane settlements.  I would rather have had a 'no' vote than an abstention, but it's still good when someone has the balls to remind Israel that not everything they do is right.

Boru

Well, that security council resolution at least passed, the next US President notwithstanding!!

Cuz....jesus, you know!

What's a 'reasonable' extrapolation of the Security Council abstention ?

The 'one state' solution ?

And why wasn't there some 'horse trading' involved with that abstention? Seems like the US could have wheedled some grata ta ta from the denizens benefitted from the vote.

Why can't we be walking away with some boodle or spliff ? I'm old enough to remember the US getting boned for it's trouble intervening on behalf of what turned out to be the wrong (Muslim) side in the Balkans cluster fuck. Let's get the goodies up front from now on, or fuck 'em.

"Your wife don't suck your dick like that does she?"

"Yeah, she does, and she gets it all over her fucking face. That's about a hundred dollar load, bud ."

Simple. They just say they are, and hope a big enough majority of its citizens don't care to dig any deeper than whatever platitudes they get.
[Image: 161109-WlllQ6UaSpqY.png]

Trump 2017: We're all nihilists now.
Maybe Drumpf will put it on a hat.

Drumpfucks love hats.

(27th December 2016, 22:15)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe Drumpf will put it on a hat.

Drumpfucks love hats.

And so do I. Then again, the Ægean fisherman's cap I usually wear is probably out of most Drumpfuckers' league.
[Image: 161109-WlllQ6UaSpqY.png]

Trump 2017: We're all nihilists now.
I doubt the most influential country in the world actually cares what the UN says.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switzerland votes on relaxing its citizenship rules account_inactive 0 146 12th February 2017, 04:47
Last Post: account_inactive
  Dylann Roof sentenced to death Regina 183 3116 14th January 2017, 12:02
Last Post: abaris
  Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS.... Brian37 4 327 11th July 2016, 19:02
Last Post: Brian37
  Police chief and partner stabbed to death. paulpablo 26 1130 15th June 2016, 13:41
Last Post: Khemikal
  Bangladesh LGBT editor hacked to death zebo-the-fat 12 729 26th April 2016, 06:14
Last Post: Little lunch
  Woman who stabbed her boyfriend to death during a domestic incident spared jail.. pool the matey 164 6306 23rd April 2016, 17:30
Last Post: Mermaid
  The First Tangible Benefit From The Death Minimalist 16 1142 28th February 2016, 18:59
Last Post: Khemikal
  Eagles of Death Metal leader sounds off on gun control KUSA 43 2391 23rd February 2016, 21:35
Last Post: bennyboy
  Alan Rickman Death mh.brewer 41 3613 18th January 2016, 09:25
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Saudi atheist blogger may get death sentence. Brian37 6 817 1st March 2015, 14:39
Last Post: Whateverist