Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minneapolis Abolish Police
Minneapolis Abolish Police
Quote:The Minneapolis city council has pledged to disband the city’s police department and replace it with a new system of public safety, a historic move that comes as calls to  are sweeping the US. 

Speaking at a community rally on Sunday, a veto-proof majority of councilmembers declared their intent to “dismantle” and “abolish” the embattled police agency responsible for George Floyd’s death – and build an alternative model of community-led safety. The decision is a direct response to the  that have taken over American cities in the last two weeks, and is a major victory for abolitionist activists who have long fought to disband police and prisons. 
This is interesting but i confess i have reservations .I guess will just have to see 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020...orge-floyd
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

RE: minneapolis abolish police
I'm skeptical this will even work, but an overhaul is welcome.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
RE: Minneapolis Abolish Police
A judge system? Instant justice?
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 8, 2020 at 5:12 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: A judge system?  Instant justice?
I am not certain of the details as they have not gone into them

(June 8, 2020 at 5:10 am)Sal Wrote: I'm skeptical this will even work, but an overhaul is welcome.
Thinking the same
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Judgedredd.jpg
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(June 8, 2020 at 5:14 am)Sal Wrote:

Judgedredd.jpg

Originally created by an American author in Scotland as a parody of the excesses of American society he saw in the 70s. The character is based on Dirty Harry.

Scary how many of the predictions made have come to pass...
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 8, 2020 at 5:10 am)Sal Wrote: I'm skeptical this will even work, but an overhaul is welcome.

Incremental reforms clearly haven't had the desired effect, so it's plain that starting from scratch is at least worth looking into.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 8, 2020 at 5:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Incremental reforms clearly haven't had the desired effect, so it's plain that starting from scratch is at least worth looking into.

Boru
Something needs to be done .Because the current systems isn't working .
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

So now when you call 911 they'll send a hipster?
Good riddance. The idea that we help the people in communities by funneling cash towards disproportionate policing of those communities rather than funding them has always been completely insane.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 646 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2542 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2745 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 17693 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 956 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3308 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  US police brutality item Duty 351 26190 July 10, 2020 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  London police to roll out facial recognition CCTV Duty 22 1497 January 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Maldives police tahaadi 3 321 September 26, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Arizona police violently beat unarmed man zebo-the-fat 12 1421 June 8, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4