Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Drumpf Take Credit For Losing These Jobs?
Will Drumpf Take Credit For Losing These Jobs?
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017...years.html

Quote:Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus Closing After 146 Years

Too bad the fucktard already announced his cabinet picks.  There is now a fresh supply of unemployed circus freaks available to him.
RE: Will Drumpf Take Credit For Losing These Jobs?
They folded up tents because they know the competition is about to get uber-fierce.

Aside from his ever angry tweet, I don't see what this has to do with Cheetolini.
It's good that we are outgrowing our desire to see animals perform for our entertainment at their expense. It's hard that 500 people will be out of a job, but cars put buggy makers out of work too. The world progresses, and some kinds of job are left behind. Like coal mining ought to be soon. There are other job markets that are still growing.

One door closes, another opens, if they aren't too buried in self pity to look around.

P.s. Sea World will also cease to force large mammals to perform for our entertainment. They will continue on as more of an aquarium and rehab center, so jobs will not be lost, just moved to more productive areas. Many animals do well enough in captivity if they are given proper environments and care, but some animals, such as whales and elephants, suffer greatly no matter how large we make an enclosure, or how enriching we try to make their lives. They are matriarchal animals that need their families their entire lives in order to thrive.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I think I've only been to one circus in my life. It was terrifying.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Good riddance, IMO. Animal sideshows and shitty conditions for them.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 15, 2017 at 6:16 pm)Aroura Wrote: Aside from his ever angry tweet, I don't see what this has to do with Cheetolini.

It doesn't of course - but if he's going to take undue credit for the hits....
Why should he? Obama is the cause.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Min., do you just scour the internet asking yourself, "How can I use this to shit on Trump?"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 15, 2017 at 9:18 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Why should he? Obama is the cause.

Of course he is.
(January 15, 2017 at 9:35 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Min., do you just scour the internet asking yourself, "How can I use this to shit on Trump?"

Pretty much.  Fuck him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I hate these kind of headlines. onlinebiker 50 1969 December 8, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  And people wonder why.I kill these... onlinebiker 51 3069 October 15, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How many voices will it take? Brian37 20 1136 July 15, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2115 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3192 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Can Anyone Make Any Sense of These Trump Propaganda Brochures? Prof.Lunaphiles 2 329 April 21, 2020 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump losing the trade war. Jehanne 23 1975 June 1, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Spicoli "Take that Mr Hand". Brian37 0 324 October 17, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Social Credit System Seraphina 15 915 October 11, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Hate It When These Obnoxious Fucks Are Right. Minimalist 61 5557 July 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist