Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV series-- Legion
TV series-- Legion
Just watched the first episode.

Ho-ly. . . shit!
RE: TV series-- Legion
Shhhhhhhit I forgot to dvr it.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Don't you dare discuss spoilers before I watch it tonight
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

It's pretty amazing.
Screw movies lately, TV has some of the best entertainment on.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Well, superhero movies suck but outside those there has been a few good movies recently, like hidden figures.

But yeah, when it comes to heroes, TV is doing much better, and especially netflix has some great shows lined up.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(February 9, 2017 at 12:04 pm)Exian Wrote: Shhhhhhhit I forgot to dvr it.

If you have a cable login http://www.fxnetworks.com
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I have the Legion Quest graphic novel and have a reprint of his first appearance. First Episode was good but the only thing I recognize from the comics are his powers. In the comics (this was the 80's I think) they said he was schizophrenic but what they really meant was multiple identity dysphoric disorder. Really its that sometimes when people die around him, his telepathic powers pull them into his psyche and that 'personality' manifests as a new set of powers.

I wonder if they bring that stuff in.

Still it's very interesting and in parts I myself found myself wondering if things were real or if he was hallucinating.
I have to admit it was a little hard to follow at times.

I also got bored a bit through. But I did like it and will watch again.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
So are you guys still watching? I think I like where it's going. It's an interesting choice to make David a former drug addict. It certainly adds to the mainly dark mood of the show.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profiles In Courage TV Series Kernel Sohcahtoa 0 408 April 12, 2022 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  What's your the best old TV series from the 80's? KittyAnn 37 4403 December 10, 2017 at 1:37 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Best anime series and anime movie in the world ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4270 November 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Expanse (SyFy series) Alex K 21 2519 April 4, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  New X-Files mini series discussion Foxaèr 90 12895 February 23, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Great video series. Jehanne 0 622 February 5, 2016 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Childhood's End: A.C Clark's book turned in to a Syfi series! Aroura 8 1909 September 13, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, is anyone familiar with the "Solving History with Olly Steed" series?s abaris 0 1060 September 1, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Awsome new Stephen Fry series on homophobia Something completely different 17 4467 November 5, 2013 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  The Wheel of Time series Ryantology 0 889 January 26, 2013 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Ryantology