Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trinity Explained
The Trinity Explained
Video explains the Trinity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII6-IyaT3o

"People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers." - Mythology for Profit
RE: The Trinity Explained
Wow, I thought I had seen every Mister Deity episode, but I believe I missed that one. What's sad about that episode, is that's actually pretty accurate to what Christians believe.
I like the way you think!
...But please stop thinking, it's not you.
o_o I just became more confused o_o
funny.. but is it really that confusing?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Let's ask Arian.

Quote:Arianism is the theological teaching attributed to Arius (ca. AD 250–336), a Christian presbyter from Alexandria, Egypt, concerning the relationship of the entities of the Trinity ('God the Father', 'God the Son' and 'God the Holy Spirit') and the precise nature of the Son of God. Deemed a heretic by the First Council of Nicaea of 325, Arius was later exonerated in 335 at the First Synod of Tyre,[1] and then pronounced a heretic again after his death at the First Council of Constantinople of 381.[2] The Roman Emperors Constantius II (337–361) and Valens (364–378) were Arians or Semi-Arians. The Arian concept of Christ is that the Son of God did not always exist, but was created by—and is therefore distinct from and inferior to—God the Father.[3]

Arianism is defined as those teachings attributed to Arius which are in opposition to mainstream Trinitarian Christological dogma, as determined by the first two Ecumenical Councils and currently maintained by the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Churches and most Protestant Churches. "Arianism" is also often used to refer to other nontrinitarian theological systems of the 4th century, which regarded Jesus Christ—the Son of God, the Logos—as either a created being (as in Arianism proper and Anomoeanism), or as neither uncreated nor created in the sense other beings are created (as in Semi-Arianism).

Courtesy Wiki
(September 19, 2010 at 11:00 pm)tackattack Wrote: funny.. but is it really that confusing?
I was a Christian for the first 11 years of my life, and I never got (and still don't) how God sacrificing himself to himself to save us from a design flaw he originally put in was somehow "loving" and "merciful". Also, I don't think it's much of a sacrifice if after you die, you get to be a all-powerful superbeing.

Just saying...
I must've missed that episode as well. I love how Jesse/Jesus is always trying to find a loophole to get out of being sacrificed.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
(September 20, 2010 at 3:58 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(September 19, 2010 at 11:00 pm)tackattack Wrote: funny.. but is it really that confusing?
I was a Christian for the first 11 years of my life, and I never got (and still don't) how God sacrificing himself to himself to save us from a design flaw he originally put in was somehow "loving" and "merciful". Also, I don't think it's much of a sacrifice if after you die, you get to be a all-powerful superbeing.

Just saying...

We still have biological flaws that he didn't bother to correct
I like videos with lots of convoluted talking. It makes me feel smart when I get it.

Of course, it's complete fucking nonsense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The Trinity zwanzig 127 7383 January 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Refuting trinity. Mystic 35 5346 April 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians GrandizerII 169 18024 February 9, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14532 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Purgatory Explained? Janice_Spokes 27 2972 May 23, 2016 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  10 apologist mistakes about trinity Mystic 21 4121 April 2, 2016 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: athrock
  Where Did The Trinity Teaching Come From? Alter2Ego 13 4602 March 17, 2014 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Trinity old man 133 41580 September 19, 2013 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The trinity Drich 246 89863 June 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where Did the Trinity Teaching Come From? Alter2Ego 80 33876 June 6, 2012 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: parabola