Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California is being taken over
California is being taken over
I used to be able to walk to class with no one bothering me (except for the occasional homeless person asking for change). But now on almost every street corner are religious nuts trying to force there brain washing ways upon me. On the bus I usually read anthropology books or something about the cosmos and ill get people walking up to me saying im wasting my time reading it because god did it. And old ladies trying to give me small biblse and what not and sometimes they even put it in my backpack while im not looking. Im really annoyed by them saying how satan has taken control of me and how im a bad person because i have long hair and wear black clothes. i wish they would stop harassing me. This isnt just Riverside by the way ive got friends up north in the bay area having the same problems.
"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions" -Frater Ravus
RE: California is being taken over
You just have to wait for the older generation to die off, i understand that California has a relatively high proportion of old people. Once the conservative geriatrics die the state will be more liberalized in the polls, scaring away the religious nuts ovliberaliseder time Smile
Nothing will stop religious fuckwits from annoying people. You could try saying "FUCK OFF" in a loud voice.

They usually get all huffy when you do that.
(September 19, 2010 at 7:48 pm)theVOID Wrote: You just have to wait for the older generation to die off, i understand that California has a relatively high proportion of old people. Once the conservative geriatrics die the state will be more liberalized in the polls, scaring away the religious nuts ovliberaliseder time Smile

the problem is the older generation is getting to the younger generations they sometimes have kids with them helping out that i doubt are even in second grade. Also theres a big nazi skinhead movement going on in Riverside and there pretty agressive about spreading christianity. So unfortunatly it probably wont stop in my lifetime.
"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions" -Frater Ravus
(September 19, 2010 at 9:12 pm)Znedrow4 Wrote:
(September 19, 2010 at 7:48 pm)theVOID Wrote: You just have to wait for the older generation to die off, i understand that California has a relatively high proportion of old people. Once the conservative geriatrics die the state will be more liberalized in the polls, scaring away the religious nuts ovliberaliseder time Smile

the problem is the older generation is getting to the younger generations they sometimes have kids with them helping out that i doubt are even in second grade. Also theres a big nazi skinhead movement going on in Riverside and there pretty agressive about spreading christianity. So unfortunatly it probably wont stop in my lifetime.
Well about the old people say that Hitler was a Christian, about the second tell them that the founding fathers were not Christian

That would give them something to think about

Wear a pentagram, they won't come near you, it's like kryptonite Smile
(September 19, 2010 at 10:24 pm)krazedkat Wrote: Wear a pentagram, they won't come near you, it's like kryptonite Smile

yeah thats what i like about my bathory shirt its got a big inverted pentagram on the back and they dont talk to me when they see it.
Wear something like it daily Smile
I live in North Carolina and occasionally get the Bible Belt treatment - usually in winter when I'm wearing mostly black clothing (so sue me, it's slimming, and it matches everything - I'm not a goth, I'm just lazy). I tend to read a lot of science or historical books in public myself, and people don't always agree with the titles. Piece of advice that always stops the conversation: when they first lay into you, listen briefly then say "thank you." and go back to reading. If they try again, you can either a) ignore them (mp3 players are GREAT for this, as it gives you a sort-of excuse) or you can screw with them further and b) repeat "thank you". After a few "thank you's", even the most hard-core public-transit missionaries give up. As for them sneaking Bibles into your backpack, I'd keep a better watch on my bags and keep them tightly zipped, but for the most part, they're just paper. Chuck 'em. I would be a little more worried about the skinheads, but eventually they will realize they have to get jobs and grow up too.
(September 19, 2010 at 10:43 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I live in North Carolina and occasionally get the Bible Belt treatment - usually in winter when I'm wearing mostly black clothing (so sue me, it's slimming, and it matches everything - I'm not a goth, I'm just lazy). I tend to read a lot of science or historical books in public myself, and people don't always agree with the titles. Piece of advice that always stops the conversation: when they first lay into you, listen briefly then say "thank you." and go back to reading. If they try again, you can either a) ignore them (mp3 players are GREAT for this, as it gives you a sort-of excuse) or you can screw with them further and b) repeat "thank you". After a few "thank you's", even the most hard-core public-transit missionaries give up. As for them sneaking Bibles into your backpack, I'd keep a better watch on my bags and keep them tightly zipped, but for the most part, they're just paper. Chuck 'em. I would be a little more worried about the skinheads, but eventually they will realize they have to get jobs and grow up too.

yeah i always throw away the bibles. skinheads are the ones i am worried about the most because im a punk rocker/metalhead and those two groups dont get along so well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California church leaders 'used homeless as forced labour' zebo-the-fat 7 957 September 12, 2019 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 93131 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Hint not taken; son of dead rattlesnake preacher bitten. Ryantology 15 4515 May 28, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 43185 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Evidence for God being "a superior being" ? Rwandrall 151 71494 June 12, 2011 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BethK