Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ariana Grande being groped by a bishop in a church
Ariana Grande being groped by a bishop in a church
Bishop certainly trapped her, so she doesn't have a choice

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Ariana Grande being groped by a bishop in a church
In all fairness to the bishop, Ms. Grande does have a very youthful appearance.  Maybe he thought she was underage.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
He does sort of have a, "You're going to stay right here" grip on her that is uncomfortably (at least from my POV) close to her breast. I wonder how she feels about this or if she's even commented on it. That would probably be the most important thing to consider.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Bishop already apologized, like it was by mistake that he grabbed her boob and called her a tasty dish.
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-45381687

But it looks on video like Ariana was trying to shake off his hand and he gripped her even tighter. I mean these people (gropers) know what they're doing.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 1, 2018 at 3:06 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Bishop already apologized, like it was by mistake that he grabbed her boob and called her a tasty dish.
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-45381687

But it looks on video like Ariana was trying to shake off his hand and he gripped her even tighter. I mean these people (gropers) know what they're doing.

Yea, she certainly looks uncomfortable and I doubt that pastor was completely oblivious to what he was doing... but I also try not to assume the worst of people. Definitely doeesn't look like a good situation and certainly speaks to the attitudes many men take toward attractive females in this society.

But, until Grande herself comments on the situation I will personally reserve a complete, final-answer-type of judgement.

As men, that's the most important thing we need to consider, how does the women feel/respond?

Some women may be totally comfortable with this type of touching. Some people's body language in general may not necessarily reflect what they're feeling. Just seems like a lot of internet speculation and twitter detectives.

I'll admit, it seems like a clearly uncomfortable situation for her, but I'm not banging my gavel just yet. I'd like to hear the woman herself speak on it.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Does it matter if she speaks or not ?
Inappropriate handling is simply what it is, why not arm arm around her shoulder well away from her waist or breasts ?
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(September 1, 2018 at 4:13 pm)possibletarian Wrote: Does it matter if she speaks or not ?
Inappropriate handling is simply what it is, why not arm arm around her shoulder well away from her waist or breasts ?

Absolutely the woman's opinion in situations like this matters. The potential victim's opinion matters, yes.
(September 1, 2018 at 4:37 pm)PRJA93 Wrote:
(September 1, 2018 at 4:13 pm)possibletarian Wrote: Does it matter if she speaks or not ?

Absolutely the woman's opinion in situations like this matters. The potential victim's opinion matters, yes.

Really? She's not a potential victim, what happened there was clear for all to see it's always inappropriate to hold a woman in such away that your hand is cupping under her breast, unless you have express permission.

Whether or not there was any intent to actually touch her breast is a different matter. It could very easily have been avoided by putting his arm around her shoulder, which is universally considered more friendly and appropriate. How the woman feels is very important, but it does not make an act appropriate or not.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(September 1, 2018 at 4:46 pm)possibletarian Wrote:
(September 1, 2018 at 4:37 pm)PRJA93 Wrote: Absolutely the woman's opinion in situations like this matters. The potential victim's opinion matters, yes.

Really? She's not a potential victim, what happened there was clear for all to see it's always inappropriate to hold a woman in such away that your hand is cupping under her breast, unless you have express permission.

Whether or not there was any intent to actually touch her breast is a different matter. It could very easily have been avoided by putting his arm around her shoulder, which is universally considered more friendly and appropriate. How the woman feels is very important, but it does not make an act appropriate or not.

I also agree that it looks inappropriate. But it’s not your place to tell a woman she’s a victim or not a victim. That’s her decision and her experience.

Let me repeat so you can get it through your head, this situation seems very wrong to me, from my point of view. But that’s all I can comment on is my point of view.

So like I said, I will reserve a final answer judgement on this particular situation until Grande speaks on it herself, as the woman who was actually going through this.

Personally I would never touch a woman like this unless I knew for sure she was comfortable with it. And even then I wouldn’t hold a woman like that on national television.
(September 1, 2018 at 5:10 pm)PRJA93 Wrote:
(September 1, 2018 at 4:46 pm)possibletarian Wrote: Really? She's not a potential victim, what happened there was clear for all to see it's always inappropriate to hold a woman in such away that your hand is cupping under her breast, unless you have express permission.

Whether or not there was any intent to actually touch her breast is a different matter.  It could very easily have been avoided by putting his arm around her shoulder, which is universally considered more friendly and appropriate. How the woman feels is very important, but it does not make an act appropriate or not.

I also agree that it looks inappropriate. But it’s not your place to tell a woman she’s a victim or not a victim. That’s her decision and her experience.

Let me repeat so you can get it through your head, this situation seems very wrong to me, from my point of view. But that’s all I can comment on is my point of view.

So like I said, I will reserve a final answer judgement on this particular situation until Grande speaks on it herself, as the woman who was actually going through this.

Personally I would never touch a woman like this unless I knew for sure she was comfortable with it. And even then I wouldn’t hold a woman like that on national television.

Where did you get this victim rule ? I've never heard anything as silly.

Either it was inappropriate, or it was not. It is inappropriate to hold a women you clearly don't know in such a way that you fingers are constantly rubbing against her breast as she moves away from you, Whether or not it's on national TV or not is irrelevant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1220 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball zebo-the-fat 4 1727 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4150 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Arrogance from a Bishop? Color me shocked. Bob Kelso 5 1575 November 15, 2013 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10514 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 43302 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Mormon church excommunicates man for being critical of Romney TaraJo 15 5582 September 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: AtheistAmes
  US Cath. Bishop, diocese, charged in child abuse case Anymouse 2 1846 October 15, 2011 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Bishop criticises the Scottish government's anti-bigotry law frankiej 0 974 October 5, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Apparently you can be a gay bishop. downbeatplumb 8 2431 July 4, 2011 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Epimethean