Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What self-subsists, maximum or minimal existence?
What self-subsists, maximum or minimal existence?
If materialists are right, then the smallest quarks are what constitute the root of existence. That would be what self-subsists.  It would be what magically exists and everything would be made from that.

if Theists are right, then the greatest existence is what constitutes the root of existence. That would be what self-subsists. It would be what magically exists and everything would be made from that.

My question to you, when you think of self-subsistence, independent existence, where do you place your bets? If neutral why neutral?

And what you know about yourself, your own self, seeing it exists, doesn't that tell you minimum existence cannot make the fabric of existence but we are connected to something higher?
RE: What self-subsists, maximum or minimal existence?
I think allah is bullshit and you are crazy.
We actually have evidence of quarks. I don't know why you would call that magical, though. We currently don't have evidence of this "something higher" you are describing. If someone finds that (whatever it even is), let me know.
Particles are embedded in spacetime and adhere to certain laws, they don't really exist in isolation.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 14, 2017 at 6:54 pm)Alex K Wrote: Particles are embedded in spacetime and adhere to certain laws, they don't really exist in isolation.
So what self-subsists also has some laws on it that limit it?

Or does it make more sense what self-subsists is the source of all laws?
Wouldn't strings or membranes be more basic than quarks? 
As stated space-time would be a prerequisite.
I suspect we're operating at the limits of google translate judging by the OP
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
MK : Maximum or minimal existence?  Where do you come up with this shit?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(March 14, 2017 at 6:44 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: If materialists are right, then the smallest quarks are what constitute the root of existence. That would be what self-subsists.  It would be what magically exists and everything would be made from that.

if Theists are right, then the greatest existence is what constitutes the root of existence. That would be what self-subsists. It would be what magically exists and everything would be made from that.

My question to you, when you think of self-subsistence, independent existence, where do you place your bets? If neutral why neutral?

And what you know about yourself, your own self, seeing it exists, doesn't that tell you minimum existence cannot make the fabric of existence but we are connected to something higher?

When an idiot confidently asks leading questions in the expectation of eliciting support for an idiotic position, the idiot sounds many times more idiotic then if he merely stated the idiotic position and left it at that.
(March 14, 2017 at 6:44 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: If materialists are right, then the smallest quarks are what constitute the root of existence. That would be what self-subsists.  It would be what magically exists and everything would be made from that.

I question what would count as being "at the root of existence".   Are there perspicuous examples of such things?  A good exemplar could really help me makes sense of what you're after here.

"Self subsisting"?  A cast away can be forced to become more self reliant.  Again a good example of such a thing would go a long way toward making this meaningful question.

The fact that you think such things are magical doesn't bode well though.  So everything else is made of magic stuffs?
MK, in 20,000 years, when we evolve further, we'll be able to see what these quarks and strings a made of....

My bet is that they'll all have little smiley jesus faces logo'd onto them for copyright reasons...
But until then, you're just too obsessed with old man Allah....

Outside! Girls! Go!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 3912 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10509 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1829 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3219 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6641 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 13968 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3584 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  The false self and our knowledge of it's deception proves God. Mystic 89 11896 April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm
  Q about arguments for God's existence. Mudhammam 579 146140 October 25, 2016 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The Ontological Argument for the Existence of God athrock 429 72903 March 14, 2016 at 2:22 am
Last Post: robvalue