Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuckle. What Happened To The 'Art of the Deal?'
Chuckle. What Happened To The 'Art of the Deal?'
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/h...index.html

Quote:President Donald Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan have been lobbying members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus and also moderate Republicans in an attempt to reach the 216 votes they need to pass the bill.

Republicans can't lose more than 21 of their caucus and still pass the bill, since no Democrats are expected to support it. According to CNN's ongoing whip count, 26 House Republicans have said they will vote against the bill, and four more have indicated they are likely to oppose it, though negotiations were ongoing Thursday.

Let's all remember though that the conservatards are pissed that Trumpcare doesn't fuck enough poor and middle class people...not that it fucks too many.
They suck cock, too.
RE: Chuckle. What Happened To The 'Art of the Deal?'
These guys would fuck up a cup of coffee.
Yes, they're not angry that Trumpcare is worse. They're angry that he's not just scrapping the thing whole cloth. But that might still work in our favor.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 23, 2017 at 4:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Let's all remember though that the conservatards are pissed that Trumpcare doesn't fuck enough poor and middle class people...not that it fucks too many.

THIS.

Never forget that the 30 or so House Republicans who oppose the American Healthcare Act do so because they don't think it goes far enough in repealing Obamacare protections. Trump is trying to win over Republicans who would worship a bill which took the federal government completely out of the health insurance business (i.e. no medicare, no medicaid, no medical expense tax deductions, etc.)
Who would have thought that far right Republicans would actually do poor people a favour? If the new bill doesn't pass, the existing health care law stays more or less in place, correct?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't understand why. Doing that would so explicitely fuck over much over the republican voter base, I can't imagine all the elderly tea partiers cheering on the GOP for cancelling their medicaid/medicare.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 23, 2017 at 4:50 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 23, 2017 at 4:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Let's all remember though that the conservatards are pissed that Trumpcare doesn't fuck enough poor and middle class people...not that it fucks too many.

THIS.

Never forget that the 30 or so House Republicans who oppose the American Healthcare Act do so because they don't think it goes far enough in repealing Obamacare protections. Trump is trying to win over Republicans who would worship a bill which took the federal government completely out of the health insurance business (i.e. no medicare, no medicaid, no medical expense tax deductions, etc.)

To be fair, I think there are 6 who are against it because it strips away too much (specifically medicaid), but mostly yes, this is correct.

In order for it to pass, they will give the middle finger to those 6 moderate conservatives, and make changes to please the extreme wing of the party to get enough votes.  Some of the changes I've heard bandied about are absolutely horrific.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(March 23, 2017 at 4:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Who would have thought that far right Republicans would actually do poor people a favour?  If the new bill doesn't pass, the existing health care law stays more or less in place, correct?

Boru

The existing law must be repealed, yes.

(March 23, 2017 at 5:03 pm)Alex K Wrote: I don't understand why. Doing that would so explicitely fuck over much over the republican voter base, I can't imagine all the elderly tea partiers cheering on the GOP for cancelling their medicaid/medicare.

They will simply blame it on someone else.  Obama, Hillary, the democrats, etc.  They can literally tell a bald faced lie that is the opposite of the truth, and a good portion of their base will beleive it.  Particularly since they now have Fox and Brietbart working as essentially government propoganda for them.  Old folks love Fox.

It's worked pretty fucking well for them so far. I'd bet money that they are already planning how to spin the inevitable issues, deaths, etc, so they keep their voter base mostly intact.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
It's wonderful to watch these clowns try to figure out which horn of the dilemma they want to be impaled on. No matter what they do from this point forward, they are screwed and they know it. Well, Trump probably doesn't know it. He'll sign whatever shitty draconian law they finally pass and crow about how he 'kept his promise'. But he's now a political liability to the party and his crowing won't help them -- or him.

The unraveling is picking up steam by the day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunter Biden sells art for up to $750K brewer 21 1812 July 14, 2021 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1084 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Green New Deal Yonadav 0 203 February 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  IS There Anyone Who Thinks The WLB Has The Smarts To Deal With This Looming Crisis? Minimalist 2 432 December 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Nazis Want To Permanently Queer The Deal Minimalist 2 588 July 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them? NuclearEnergy 2 1033 June 2, 2017 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  This is awkward, but...whatever happened to defeating ISIS in 30 days? NuclearEnergy 9 3795 May 24, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Hey, Let's Make A Deal Minimalist 28 7272 September 9, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How to deal with discussing hot button issues with a family member GoHalos1993 11 1625 June 13, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  POTUS Appointed Judges: How Big a Deal? AFTT47 9 1884 April 5, 2016 at 6:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13