Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with theists in restaurants.
Fun with theists in restaurants.
Living in the buckle of the Bible Belt means living with odd reactions from people. Recently I made a purchase at the US Postal Service office near me. The total came $6.66. The counter clerk asked me if I wouldn't like to make another purchase, with the obvious intent of avoiding having to deal with "666". I politely declined and left. 

Then last night we went to a local BBQ diner and the bill came to $33.34. The amount of tip was obvious. Now I'm waiting to see if the final bill will be for $33.34 or $40.00. 

In the future I think I'll have some fun and tip $6.66 to everybody if the appropriate amount is at or less than that number. I'll be keeping score.
RE: Fun with theists in restaurants.
(April 3, 2017 at 10:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Living in the buckle of the Bible Belt means living with odd reactions from people. Recently I made a purchase at the US Postal Service office near me. The total came $6.66. The counter clerk asked me if I wouldn't like to make another purchase, with the obvious intent of avoiding having to deal with "666". I politely declined and left. 

Then last night we went to a local BBQ diner and the bill came to $33.34. The amount of tip was obvious. Now I'm waiting to see if the final bill will be for $33.34 or $40.00. 

In the future I think I'll have some fun and tip $6.66 to everybody if the appropriate amount is at or less than that number. I'll be keeping score.

First one wouldn't bother me in the slightest... second one; I don't get.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(April 3, 2017 at 11:12 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(April 3, 2017 at 10:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Living in the buckle of the Bible Belt means living with odd reactions from people. Recently I made a purchase at the US Postal Service office near me. The total came $6.66. The counter clerk asked me if I wouldn't like to make another purchase, with the obvious intent of avoiding having to deal with "666". I politely declined and left. 

First one wouldn't bother me in the slightest... second one; I don't get.
I'm mathgnostic, so I use a calculator to find the tip amount. This time it came out to 6.666237 or something like that. So I went with $6.66 as the tip. Will avarice or need overcome possible religious hysteria? We'll know in a day or so.
(April 3, 2017 at 11:16 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(April 3, 2017 at 11:12 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: First one wouldn't bother me in the slightest... second one; I don't get.
I'm mathgnostic, so I use a calculator to find the tip amount. This time it came out to 6.666237 or something like that. So I went with $6.66 as the tip. Will avarice or need overcome possible religious hysteria? We'll know in a day or so.

doh... guess I should have got that from the last line.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(April 3, 2017 at 11:19 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(April 3, 2017 at 11:16 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I'm mathgnostic, so I use a calculator to find the tip amount. This time it came out to 6.666237 or something like that. So I went with $6.66 as the tip. Will avarice or need overcome possible religious hysteria? We'll know in a day or so.

doh... guess I should have got that from the last line.

My First Nations name is He No Math, so I don't always phrase word problems correctly.  Undecided
I remember some people made a big thing about the sixth of June, back in 2006. My grandmother mentioned it, and I had to tell her 06.06.06 is not the number of the beast, and the year 666 came and went a very long time ago. It's kind of funny, though a little sad too. I know numbers play a big part in religion, but it's still kind of silly.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Why was 5 afraid of 6?

Because 6 6 6!

wait I messed that up
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
When I was an undergrad I worked as a temp when I wanted more toy money. At one place this lady would, whenever "666" came up in her work, get up and go outside to pray. And have a cigarette. She'd manage 4-6 extra smoke breaks a day in that fashion.
(April 3, 2017 at 11:41 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: When I was an undergrad I worked as a temp when I wanted more toy money. At one place this lady would, whenever "666" came up in her work, get up and go outside to pray. And have a cigarette. She'd manage 4-6 extra smoke breaks a day in that fashion.

Jesus saves....from boring jobs.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 3, 2017 at 11:44 am)Chad32 Wrote:
(April 3, 2017 at 11:41 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: When I was an undergrad I worked as a temp when I wanted more toy money. At one place this lady would, whenever "666" came up in her work, get up and go outside to pray. And have a cigarette. She'd manage 4-6 extra smoke breaks a day in that fashion.

Jesus saves....from boring jobs.

Well, this was ACCOUNTING.  Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4871 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8141 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Buddhism, against having fun. CapnAwesome 58 20763 December 17, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Anyone want to have some fun debunking this crap? Ziploc Surprise 3 1927 October 13, 2012 at 12:02 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Have some fun dying... Rokcet Scientist 4 1632 February 1, 2012 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fun with the Bible frankiej 10 2308 June 9, 2011 at 8:16 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Who thinks the debates are getting more fun and wild? Edwardo Piet 6 3933 November 3, 2008 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet