Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the name of God is.
What the name of God is.
The name of God in brief, is that connection trying to connect you to all things include its source. As it's the best witness of what God has in the creation and glorifies God the absolute witness and is closest to the perception of the absolute vision of God, it seeks to free us from idols and attach us to that treasure that ought to be valued.
It is the Captain of the just city talked about by Socrates, and it's the leader we ought to come and make the center of our hearts by which approach God and revolve around God.
It's the leader of our time, the Master of the era, the Champion of God, it's the 12th Successor to the founding Captain of the ship of Quran and the reminder, the Seal of all Prophets.
It's your door out of the darkness into the light, it's teacher of virtues and manners in all levels of light, and it's your companion through the journey forever.

"By the name of God is it's sailing and anchoring..." and "and we rose over them Twelve Captains" "Leaders who guide by our command" "Say: no wage do I ask for it except for who wants, to take a path" "Say: no wage do I ask for it except the love of the near kin (of the Messenger)" "therefore ask the family of the reminder if you do not know" "...and obey the Messenger and those who possess the authority from you".

With peace, with peace and blessings, with peace and well wishes
RE: What the name of God is.
God's name is Ralph Wiggum

[Image: oezUJhS.jpg]
I don't believe you. Get over it.
[Image: 1142287.png]
MK, I've noticed that upon your recent return to AF you've spent more time and placed more emphasis on preaching to us rather than talking with us. 

Have other things changed in your behavior? Have things changed in your relationships with others in the real world? They certainly seemed to have changed here. 

Only expressing concern.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
First prove your god exists, then you can bother with naming it.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I'm sorry mh.brewer you see it that way.

You guys always mention how are we connected to God if God exists. How can we know him. I am explaining it has to be by a leader and living guide that connects to God, a living connection who is the connector to God and is the connection by which we recognized the named in the beautiful names of God.

I am trying to show that knowledge of the self, knowledge of the Guide (Connection) and knowledge of the Absolute is one and the same.

I have always gone the root of talking about morality and value, etc, but now I going the route that morality is not conceptual, value is not conceptual, love is not mere emotion, we are connected by a mystic link to all things in the universe and the source of the mystic link, it's Lord and Creator.

It's the reality, it's the mystic link, it's the perception, that you guys always ask: "what is morality, what is objective morality, describe it etc"....and I left it fuzzy most of the time, but now am describing the tree of light we are all connected to.  The Love by which all are connected to each other and something beyond all of us.

Love is not a mere chemical, it is our leader channeling us his blessings and help, and calling us back to the path. He asks forgiveness for us and suffers when we sin or our souls perish or get darker, he is in deep sorrow, this tree of light connected to all us, he is our leader, our witness,  morality is not a concept, no such thing as a concept being binding us and making us obligated to value and love, that is absurd, it's a reality, and God is the source of it, but the connection is a living being, a real thing.

I don't know how you define preaching but I never seen Atheist ever justify love or morality or value or even why they should strive for anything meaningful or believing in meaning.

These things I describe not only answer what praise and morality is,  it shows why Quran has called it the name of God and emphasized on it being the name of God and emphasized on the Captains who are instances of the name of God and leaders of humans, and each human will be called with a leader from them, a driver, a witness....every people will be called with a witness from themselves.

It shows truly the only answer, if you would only give a ear.
(April 4, 2017 at 8:55 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I'm sorry mh.brewer you see it that way.

You guys always mention how are we connected to God if God exists. How can we know him. I am explaining it has to be by a leader and living guide that connects to God, a living connection who is the connector to God and is the connection by which we recognized the named in the beautiful names of God.

I am trying to show that knowledge of the self, knowledge of the Guide (Connection) and knowledge of the Absolute is one and the same.

I have always gone the root of talking about morality and value, etc, but now I going the route that morality is not conceptual, value is not conceptual, love is not mere emotion, we are connected by a mystic link to all things in the universe and the source of the mystic link, it's Lord and Creator.

It's the reality, it's the mystic link, it's the perception, that you guys always ask: "what is morality, what is objective morality, describe it etc"....and I left it fuzzy most of the time, but now am describing the tree of light we are all connected to.  The Love by which all are connected to each other and something beyond all of us.

Love is not a mere chemical, it is our leader channeling us his blessings and help, and calling us back to the path. He asks forgiveness for us and suffers when we sin or our souls perish or get darker, he is in deep sorrow, this tree of light connected to all us, he is our leader, our witness,  morality is not a concept, no such thing as a concept being binding us and making us obligated to value and love, that is absurd, it's a reality, and God is the source of it, but the connection is a living being, a real thing.

I don't know how you define preaching but I never seen Atheist ever justify love or morality or value or even why they should strive for anything meaningful or believing in meaning.

These things I describe not only answer what praise and morality is,  it shows why Quran has called it the name of God and emphasized on it being the name of God and emphasized on the Captains who are instances of the name of God and leaders of humans, and each human will be called with a leader from them, a driver, a witness....every people will be called with a witness from themselves.

It shows truly the only answer, if you would only give a ear.

bold mine

You're preaching again. 

Why do I need to justify anything on that list, to you or anyone. I have my own beliefs (or lack there of) and they work for me. I think it's sad that you can't find contentment or satisfaction within yourself and have to find it in a man made god character which demands that you step and fetch. That apparently requires you to preach. And a god character from antiquity that appears to have little relevance in today's world. 

Tell you what, you do what you need to do. If that is preach, then preach. If that is subjugate your self to a god, knock yourself out. But do me a favor, stop thinking that I or anyone else here needs to be converted. My life will be just fine without it, in fact better. You seem to forget that most of us tried your path and rejected it based on what it is.

Now if you would, how about talking to me, not at me. Answer the previous questions: Have other things changed in your behavior? Have things changed in your relationships with others in the real world?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Quote:I never seen Atheist ever justify love or morality or value or even why they should strive for anything meaningful or believing in meaning.

I owe you no such explanation
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Quote:You guys always mention how are we connected to God if God exists.

I have never made such an absurd comment.  First, produce evidence that any god exists.  Then we can discuss it.

You are still a long way from Step #1 and all the word salad you churn out ad nauseam moves you no closer.
Quote:You guys always mention how are we connected to God if God exists.

Have never uttered such an absurd statement
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Israel The Name Of God? Authari 11 1222 December 31, 2022 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Astreja
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 5866 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
Bug What is this? Name that fallacy zwanzig 25 2230 October 15, 2021 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 803 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Something about killing in the name of atheism Dystopia 64 13791 April 19, 2015 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19375 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Why order people to kill in god's name at all? Chad32 29 7381 February 18, 2014 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  My name, is Mark Dreher, I would like to post an obituary Mark Dreher 64 19610 August 25, 2013 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  The meaning of the name "Islam". Edwardo Piet 10 4820 November 5, 2012 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Teachers turned Bullies in the name of God Erinome 16 4003 October 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah