Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By the sun and its morning. ( 2 ) And [by] the moon when it follows it
By the sun and its morning. ( 2 ) And [by] the moon when it follows it
God says in the Quran:

Sura 91, Page 595, The Quran:
( 1 )   By the sun and its morning
( 2 )   And [by] the moon when it follows it
( 3 )   And [by] the day when it displays it
( 4 )   And [by] the night when it covers it
( 5 )   And [by] the sky and He who constructed it
( 6 )   And [by] the earth and He who spread it

God mentions the wonders of his creation, to add importance to the sentences to follow; he swears with the sun and its morning, the moon as it follows it, the day that displays the sun, and the night that covers the sun. He made the sky, constructed it, made the earth, spreading it.

( 7 )   And [by] the soul and He who proportioned it

( 8 )   And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,

( 9 )   He has succeeded who purifies it,

( 10 )   And he has failed who instills it [with corruption].

God continues. Surprisingly he also swears with the self of humans; the soul. In a direct refrence that wickedness and righteousness live deep within our soul, it is we who are responssible for the growing of that soul into the path of righteousness, also we are responsible for drenching it in bad wickedness.

Succeeded that who purified it.

Failed that who instilled it.

( 11 )   Thamud denied [their prophet] by reason of their transgression,

( 12 )   When the most wretched of them was sent forth.

( 13 )   And the messenger of Allah [Salih] said to them, "[Do not harm] the she-camel of Allah or [prevent her from] her drink."

( 14 )   But they denied him and hamstrung her. So their Lord brought down upon them destruction for their sin and made it equal [upon all of them].
( 15 )   And He does not fear the consequence thereof.

Thamud, an ancient peoples, denied a prophet of God and killed the baby she-camel that God prohibited them from killing.
Like most ancients who denied the prophets, they were destroyed.
RE: By the sun and its morning. ( 2 ) And [by] the moon when it follows it
What did it have to say about when the sun and moon are in the sky at the same time, when the moon proceeds the sun into morning, or when there is an eclipse?

Those are man made words/thoughts.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The moon doesn't follow the sun. The morning does not display the sun, as they are not separate entities. The night doesn't cover anything. These are old terms, like sunrise and sunset, that try to explain things that appear to be by our perspective. Not as they actually exist. It seems that the gods of these tribes never seem to know much beyond the scope of their worshipers.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Shel Silverstein says, in 'A Light In The Attic':

The Examination, page 132:

I went to the doctor -
He reached down my throat,
He pulled out a shoe
And a little toy boat,
He pulled out a skate
And a bicycle seat,
And said, 'Be more careful
About what you eat.'

I daresay this advice has more utility than anything from the Quran.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
@Atlas

Did you have a point you wanted to make with this snippet? If so, it eludes me.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 8, 2017 at 9:28 am)Cyberman Wrote: And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

Da man, that one.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 8, 2017 at 8:52 am)mh.brewer Wrote: What did it have to say about when the sun and moon are in the sky at the same time, when the moon proceeds the sun into morning, or when there is an eclipse?

Those are man made words/thoughts.

Unlike the Mayan priests predicting the celestial phenomena, the Quran didn't mention -to my knowledge- anything about it.
Only the following being during the end:

Quote:Sura 75, Page 577, The Quran
( 1 )   I swear by the Day of Resurrection
( 2 )   And I swear by the reproaching soul [to the certainty of resurrection].
( 3 )   Does man think that We will not assemble his bones?
( 4 )   Yes. [We are] Able [even] to proportion his fingertips.
( 5 )   But man desires to continue in sin.
( 6 )   He asks, "When is the Day of Resurrection?"
( 7 )   So when vision is dazzled
( 8 )   And the moon darkens
( 9 )   And the sun and the moon are joined,
( 10 )   Man will say on that Day, "Where is the [place of] escape?"
( 11 )   No! There is no refuge.
( 12 )   To your Lord, that Day, is the [place of] permanence.
( 13 )   Man will be informed that Day of what he sent ahead and kept back.
(... More verses to the end of the Sura...)
It is a language humans use; but the context along with these words is what makes the message what it is.

Chad32

Night and day are nothing but angles and locations. If we face the star, then it is morning. If we don't then it is night.
Let's break it down.

Earth rotates; and this produces the year, in a cycle that respects the shining of a star and the reflection of a moon. 
Mohammed Peace be Upon Him didn't know about the other planets where this system is so messed up, never knew that elsewhere stars burn one face of a planet and leave the other freezing in dark.

The Quran is not the word of man, because it pointed to the importance of the system of the year. The moon does follow the sun from our perspective creating earthly day and night in most inhabitable places on earth.

A more direct reference here:

Quote:Sura 10, Page 208, The Quran:
( 5 )   It is He who made the sun a shining light and the moon a derived light and determined for it phases - that you may know the number of years and account [of time]. Allah has not created this except in truth. He details the signs for a people who know

BrianSoddingBoru4

Brian, that of Sodding
The forth Boru, the BSB4

Poems about shoes are not nice
Advice about swallowed ships make me bored

Somebody at a shoe, now that's new
No it is old; many ate that before

Ships, shoes, throat, and swallowed reason
A wrong voice just makes me believe more

Cyberman

Thank you for the recipe.
I prefer raw redberries. They don't sell them in all markets around here; pretty rare.

Alex K

I usually just read the Quran, and write about it if I found anything interesting.
If there is a wrong belief, it will stick out with discussion. It won't hold.
(April 9, 2017 at 6:33 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Earth rotates; and this produces the year, in a cycle that respects the shining of a star and the reflection of a moon.

Nope. Rotation and orbit are neither synonymous nor interchangeable.

(April 9, 2017 at 6:33 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Mohammed Peace be Upon Him didn't know about the other planets where this system is so messed up, never knew that elsewhere stars burn one face of a planet and leave the other freezing in dark.

The 'system' is not "messed up". Orbital dynamics are universal. Tidal locking is a manifestation of physics, not a corruption.

(April 9, 2017 at 6:33 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: The Quran is not the word of man, because it pointed to the importance of the system of the year. The moon does follow the sun from our perspective creating earthly day and night in most inhabitable places on earth.

This must be why I can see the Moon in the daytime.

[Image: 17757590_1442323062495803_72493089280300...e=598A383B]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 9, 2017 at 6:33 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Alex K

I usually just read the Quran, and write about it if I found anything interesting.
If there is a wrong belief, it will stick out with discussion. It won't hold.

Ah, got it.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14051 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  [Quranic Reflection]: By the sun and its morn WinterHold 56 6965 May 11, 2020 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Splitting of the Moon Fake Messiah 99 6852 November 17, 2019 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Its not so anti female as i thought it would be? Rufun83 20 1976 August 16, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5354 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Hell is the sun? WinterHold 33 4085 February 9, 2018 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Islam and its History and Impact of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) yukapuka 161 18640 January 12, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Is Islam more or less violent in Its teachings then other religions? Goosebump 38 6151 June 9, 2015 at 3:36 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muslim scientist says world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth because Quran says so. Gooders1002 14 6483 December 8, 2012 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Forsaken