Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A minor solution to America's election process
A minor solution to America's election process
I think when you put R's and D's in front of candidates name it polarizes thinks almost immediately. I honestly think we should simply just get rid of the concept of Party Affiliation with our American politicians. I believe that it would force voters to be more informed on the issues. Some people have told me that this would lead to something such as a one party state. While that argument is understandable, I do think that would not happen.

People running for office should have to win over voters by convincing them they will do what the people desire. 

What do you think?

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: A minor solution to America's election process
(April 9, 2017 at 4:52 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I think when you put R's and D's in front of candidates name it polarizes thinks almost immediately. I honestly think we should simply just get rid of the concept of Party Affiliation with our American politicians. I believe that it would force voters to be more informed on the issues. Some people have told me that this would lead to something such as a one party state. While that argument is understandable, I do think that would not happen.

People running for office should have to win over voters by convincing them they will do what the people desire. 

What do you think?

Nuke it from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

We have the right to free assembly. Since the constitution prohibits the government from impinging on that right , how would you enforce your no party process?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 9, 2017 at 8:09 am)chimp3 Wrote: We have the right to free assembly. Since the constitution prohibits the government from impinging on that right , how would you enforce your no party process?

All who join a party have to undergo mandatory lobotomy. It's a safety issue.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 9, 2017 at 8:20 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 9, 2017 at 8:09 am)chimp3 Wrote: We have the right to free assembly. Since the constitution prohibits the government from impinging on that right , how would you enforce your no party process?

All who join a party have to undergo mandatory lobotomy. It's a safety issue.

That would work.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 9, 2017 at 4:52 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I think when you put R's and D's in front of candidates name it polarizes thinks almost immediately. I honestly think we should simply just get rid of the concept of Party Affiliation with our American politicians. I believe that it would force voters to be more informed on the issues. Some people have told me that this would lead to something such as a one party state. While that argument is understandable, I do think that would not happen.

What do you think?

No it wouldn't. The reason we have formal party system in politics is because it is far easier to subborn and corrupt the whole process when there is no such systemisation in place. Look at how the House of Commons worked up until the Irish Nationalists invented the whip system.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I read the official voters guide and compare/contrast policies. I also check various voters groups, Ballotpedia and think about their approach, public appearance and the odds of winning.

Party affiliation has little bearing on me other than noticing California Republicans invariably have some obvious deal breaker in the form of a handout to Tea-hadists. It's almost always "make abortion illegal in all cases" which I can never support in good conscience.

Remove the party labels, if you wish. It will not change my algorithm.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I'll solve your electoral woes.

Make me dictator for life.
Dying to live, living to die.

What do you think?

I think you're right. We already do that here in our local elections and it works fine.

What do you think?

If there is one party I hate more than the Democratic party it would be the Republican party. I can agree with a few policies from one side but be opposed to the rest and vice versa. There simply isn't a middle ground to choose from. Sure there are a few smaller parties out there but they lack the money, power, and influence to ever get anywhere in our two party system. The only candidate I had any interest in this election was Bernie, not because I believed in his politics but because he was an actual like able guy. He didn't have this aura of "fakeness" that seemed to be resonating off donald dump and shillary.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 50545 April 24, 2024 at 5:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3941 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7583 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7432 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3136 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1153 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3845 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 796 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5351 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1515 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty