Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian
Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian
I hear many Christians who will fight this no matter how many facts are presented to them about the matter. Hitler believe in God and considered himself a Christian. I don't see why so many fight this concept.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian
Can you blame them? Only skinheads want to be associated with that monster.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Part of it is that some people don't consider catholics to be christian. Part of it is they don't want their religion associated with one of the worst people in recent history. Now I'm not sure where anyone gets that he was an atheist, aside from just being dishonest. I mean why does it surprise anyone that someone reads a book that contains repeated accounts of mass murder, and takes from it that mass murder is a good thing to do against non christians?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I've seen some honest Christians before who do acknowledge it, but not many.

I see some religious people try to use "atheist" figures like Hitler, Stalin and Mao as if to say that atheism promotes violence. I consider that fallacious, because all those men did was stamp out traditional religion and replace it with infallible leader-worship... which is basically religion, or religion-like behaviour.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Denialism. If it makes you feel bad, pretend it's not real.
(April 11, 2017 at 7:19 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Can you blame them? Only skinheads want to be associated with that monster.

And Sean Spicer.

It isn't only xristards.  Try mentioning that Adolf was a vegetarian and see what happens.

Nobody wants to be in any club that Hitler was a member of.... except Spicer.
I love to watch them make up all sorts of ad hoc excuses.

The best ones are when they say his references for being a Christian (and a creationist, by the way) are all just propaganda to appeal to the masses.

Which, actually leads to a bigger problem for Christians.

Over 85% of Germany was Christian at the time. Just how did the evil, lying Hitler, get the vast majority of the 70 million Christians then living in Germany to go along with his plans? He didn't seem to have any problems convincing all those Christians to believe they were doing "God's work".

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Because he was a very naughty christian and only ever received zyklon b in his stocking.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Evidence.... seems to be mostly against it....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiou...olf_Hitler
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Further in that article establishing a state religion is discussed. Maybe not xtian, based on Hitler's attitude, but in line with Mao and Stalin, in that regard.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11121 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  "Thank God" after the fact. Brian37 44 2636 June 4, 2021 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Conspiracy after the fact onlinebiker 7 1537 October 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler vs God purplepurpose 16 3112 December 22, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  what believers accept without thinking Akat4891 17 6309 June 14, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are Christians so uneasy about the paranormal NuclearEnergy 45 12910 May 4, 2017 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8278 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  Why don't Christians admire/LOVE SATAN instead of the biblical God? ProgrammingGodJordan 18 3599 January 21, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why are Christians so edgy about the paranormal NuclearEnergy 11 1945 December 27, 2016 at 4:05 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Telling fact from fiction robvalue 117 14095 July 23, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: bennyboy