Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A really annoying creationist tactic
A really annoying creationist tactic
One tactic often employed by creationists and one that pisses me off the most goes something like .

" Educate me if evolution is so right then show me it's true come on"

My response tends to be

"No if your so incurious as not to look into the data yourself. By what right should you expect people who have to invest there time in explaining it to you? "

Generally this is met with claims like

"if it were so easy you would explain it etc"

As if my disinterest in educating someone who has shown  no curiosity or willingness to learn (because if they were why do you need me)Or Incensement over the fact I did the work you refuse to do. Makes me not knowledgeable  on a subject .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: A really annoying creationist tactic
Quote:"if it were so easy you would explain it etc"

No one ever said it was "easy."  For shitheads who want "easy" we have religion!
Evolution =/= creation. 

If creationists were correct Ken Ham wouldn't be going broke in Kentucky.  Money talks, bullshit walks. 

And offer to provide them with pesticide resistant bed bugs. No evolution my ass!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Churchy folks also are no where near as stringent in vetting talk of miracles and yet they won't accept information from the science folks, seemingly no matter what.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 24, 2017 at 9:09 pm)Orochi Wrote: One tactic often employed by creationists and one that pisses me off the most goes something like .

My response tends to be

"No if your so incurious as not to look into the data yourself. By what right should you expect people who have to invest there time in explaining it to you? "

As if my disinterest in educating someone who has shown  no curiosity or willingness to learn (because if they were why do you need me)Or Incensement over the fact I did the work you refuse to do. Makes me not knowledgeable  on a subject .

I don't know whether you're a biologist, but the idea that any random person should be able to give a detailed expose on any complicated scientific topic off the top of their head, or otherwise you are wrong and there's a God, is blatantly nonsensical.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Stare blankly right between their eyebrows, and rock gently back and forth, till they leave you alone. Works better if you mumble a bit and have a giant axe in hand.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(April 25, 2017 at 3:08 am)Alex K Wrote:
(April 24, 2017 at 9:09 pm)Orochi Wrote: One tactic often employed by creationists and one that pisses me off the most goes something like .

My response tends to be

I don't know whether you're a biologist, but the idea that any random person should be able to give a detailed expose on any complicated scientific topic off the top of their head, or otherwise you are wrong and there's a God, is blatantly nonsensical.

No I'm not a biologist (though I do have some training in biology ). But yes overall the idea is absurd. But this tactic tends to be part of larger tactic of trying to lure you into admitting that" you follow science and scientists on faith your religious" etc etc etc
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(April 25, 2017 at 3:14 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Stare blankly right between their eyebrows, and rock gently back and forth, till they leave you alone. Works better if you mumble a bit and have a giant axe in hand.

[Image: Frank-Frazetta6.jpeg]

My response tends to be

Your response is exactly what they're banking on, because they expect explaining evolution to be as easy as their rationalising of god. But unlike make believe stories, as Alex has pointed out, explainin a complex system with many variables is hard.

But for the creatards they've "won" because they got a random person to admit "I don't know", as if an ordinary person not being able to explain something they've never studied makes it untrue.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
For creationists, as with any other religious literalist, if you can't answer one question from their ever-growing list, then you haven't answered any of them. Conversely, if they explain one thing then they've explained everything. It's the original shell game; and one so heavily rigged that they would be embarrassed if they had any shame at all.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is being condescending ever a good tactic? MusicLovingAtheist 20 2979 September 19, 2014 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: ShaMan