Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation
The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation

My first debunking video. I know it might be a little bad, but hopefully, my message gets across. 
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
RE: The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation
I have a completely unfounded theory about the rise in ALL non communicable diseases such as asthma.

It is caused by vaccines!! lol. But not directly. And all modern medicine really.

You see, people that would normally die and not pass on their genes, are now living to pass on their genes. I'm not saying this is either good or bad, just that it is a cause. (Not even THE cause, just one of the causes, though I think it's a pretty massive one).

My little brother had childhood arthritis, to the point that he could barely walk, his knees swelled up like footballs. I personally suffered from a mental issue that in the past would have probably landed me in a mental hospital where I would have probably been tormented and kept until I died. Am I glad modern medicine kept my brother healthier and alive? Yes. Am I glad it helped me overcome my mental issue instead of just locking me away? Absolutely! So I guess I am taking a side. All the same, these things have consequences in the long run. wE are now free to pass along these issues to our offspring, instead of the harsh world culling us out of the population, as it has done for most of human history.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(April 30, 2017 at 1:18 pm)Aroura Wrote: I have a completely unfounded theory about the rise in ALL non communicable diseases such as asthma.

It is caused by vaccines!!  lol. But not directly.  And all modern medicine really.  

You see, people that would normally die and not pass on their genes, are now living to pass on their genes.  I'm not saying this is either good or bad, just that it is a cause. (Not even THE cause, just one of the causes, though I think it's a pretty massive one).

My little brother had childhood arthritis, to the point that he could barely walk, his knees swelled up like footballs.  I personally suffered from a mental issue that in the past would have probably landed me in a mental hospital where I would have probably been tormented and kept until I died. Am I glad modern medicine kept my brother healthier and alive?  Yes. Am I glad it helped me overcome my mental issue instead of just locking me away? Absolutely! So I guess I am taking a side.  All the same, these things have consequences in the long run.  wE are now free to pass along these issues to our offspring, instead of the harsh world culling us out of the population, as it has done for most of human history.

That is the whole point of medicine! Keeping alive those who would have died otherwise. Now we are passing on the genes of those mammals (us) who are smart enough to avail themselves of medicine and science. Think of it like this , clothing helped those who would normally have frozen to death. So, they survived long enough to pass on the genes of those smart enough to make clothing.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 30, 2017 at 1:58 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(April 30, 2017 at 1:18 pm)Aroura Wrote: I have a completely unfounded theory about the rise in ALL non communicable diseases such as asthma.

It is caused by vaccines!!  lol. But not directly.  And all modern medicine really.  

You see, people that would normally die and not pass on their genes, are now living to pass on their genes.  I'm not saying this is either good or bad, just that it is a cause. (Not even THE cause, just one of the causes, though I think it's a pretty massive one).

My little brother had childhood arthritis, to the point that he could barely walk, his knees swelled up like footballs.  I personally suffered from a mental issue that in the past would have probably landed me in a mental hospital where I would have probably been tormented and kept until I died. Am I glad modern medicine kept my brother healthier and alive?  Yes. Am I glad it helped me overcome my mental issue instead of just locking me away? Absolutely! So I guess I am taking a side.  All the same, these things have consequences in the long run.  wE are now free to pass along these issues to our offspring, instead of the harsh world culling us out of the population, as it has done for most of human history.

That is the whole point of medicine! Keeping alive those who would have died otherwise. Now we are passing on the genes of those mammals (us) who are smart enough to avail themselves of medicine and science. Think of it like this , clothing helped those who would normally have frozen to death. So, they survived long enough to pass on the genes of those smart enough to make clothing.
Right.  As I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does account for the rise of all these other illnesses.  As well as massive overpopulation, pollution, global warming, etc....
My opinion on vaccines lies somewhere in the middle of all this pro/anti vax debate.

Vaccines are safe for most people. But for a small subset of people who have a particular type of methylation problem and are thus more susceptible to toxins and heavy metals, vaccines can be harmful and cause some life long issues such as autism. Because these ppl have a methylation problem, their bodies have a harder time processing and eliminating toxins. The Autism Research Institute says that we should take time to discern what vaccines are applicable/beneficial to our children, and suggests that we space out the vaccines, especially on babies.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(April 30, 2017 at 3:25 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: ut for a small subset of people who have a particular type of methylation problem and are thus more susceptible to toxins and heavy metals, vaccines can be harmful and cause some life long issues such as autism. 

I think you should look a the description of the video, because the autism claim was made by Andrew wakefield and was disproven by the papers I linked.
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2...nic-foods/

Quote:But correlation is not causation. By cherry-picking the data, one could show that almost all of the alleged causes of autism that rose over the past 10-15 years correlate with the rise in autism cases. As, in fact, does the rise in chemtrail sightings, terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, the New England Patriot’s cumulative win total—and organic food sales:

Quote:Now researchers believe they know what’s responsible for the bulk of the rise: Nothing. Much of the rise in autism is likely a statistical mirage.
(April 30, 2017 at 3:25 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: My opinion on vaccines lies somewhere in the middle of all this pro/anti vax debate.

Vaccines are safe for most people. But for a small subset of people who have a particular type of methylation problem and are thus more susceptible to toxins and heavy metals, vaccines can be harmful and cause some life long issues such as autism. Because these ppl have a methylation problem, their bodies have a harder time processing and eliminating toxins. The Autism Research Institute says that we should take time to discern what vaccines are applicable/beneficial to our children, and suggests that we space out the vaccines, especially on babies.

Vaccines do not cause autism. There is absolutely no link to be found anywhere that vaccines (MMR or anything else) cause autism. None, ever. The weight of evidence debunking this imagined link (created by a fraudster to advance his own personal nefarious interests with inhumane experiments on children) is so overwhelming as to make claims that there is a link automatically dismissible.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Vaccines can indeed trigger some illnesses though, such as epilepsy. That being said, those children already HAD epilepsy, and something would have triggered it eventually.

In an extremely small subset, there are people who suffer allergies to some of the vaccine ingredients, and can go into shock, but there are warnings for that, and it's a very, very, very rare occurrence. It's about weighing the risks and rewards. There used to be risks with the Polio vaccine, but they have changed the vaccine to eliminate the associated risk.

The risk of dying or from taking a vaccine is statistically 0. The risk of dying from any of the illnesses vaccinated against are all much higher.

The risk of a lifelong disability from vaccines is also statistically 0. The risk of a lifelong disability from the illnesses vaccinated against are again, all much higher than 0.
(April 30, 2017 at 3:25 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Vaccines are safe for most people. But for a small subset of people who have a particular type of methylation problem and are thus more susceptible to toxins and heavy metals, vaccines can be harmful and cause some life long issues such as autism.

But the problem with this surmising is that vaccines don't have toxins or heavy metals in any appreciable amount.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vaccines: Low trust in vaccination 'a global crisis' zebo-the-fat 20 2060 September 6, 2019 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Is there a term for this? Quick thinking in a crisis. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1860 September 27, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Quick question about evolution Yoo 29 3259 August 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Quick train question...(puzzle) lifesagift 33 6287 December 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  exempt from vaccines for religious reasons Cego_Colher 9 2661 October 15, 2010 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris