Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has Trump impacted your life personally
How has Trump impacted your life personally
With such a divided nation due to either supporting President Trump or hating him, I'm curious to hear stories of how the first 100+ days has impacted your life personally. Have you benefited or suffered financially, mentally, or physically? Any personal stories to share, such as people you know being deported, losing health insurance, making money in the stock market. Not really asking for how you perceive things to be happening, but what has happened to you personally. I realize most people here are against him, but how has it actually affected you whether it's increased your stress level or whatever.

Honestly just curious, and hope to not get into a pissing match. Just a place to share personal stories if you wish.

Personally for me, I've made money in my 401k with the 3 trillion dollars added to the stock market since the election, which was supposed to go down as some democrats said would happen. I've also had some strained relationships, and arguments with people that don't like that I voted for and still support Trump. I run into people that have serious trump derangement syndrome, but honestly most people are quite polite. Overall I'm enjoying it, but wish people would come together and get past the rhetoric and be able to discuss current events civilly. Not saying things are perfect, and I tend to be an asshole about things sometimes, which I'm trying to be better. Previously I didn't really care about people's feelings when discussing Trump because I viewed them as hysterical and didn't really take them seriously. However, I'm trying to do a better job of listening to people.
RE: How has Trump impacted your life personally
(May 13, 2017 at 3:37 pm)scoobysnack Wrote: With such a divided nation due to either supporting President Trump or hating him, I'm curious to hear stories of how the first 100+ days has impacted your life personally. Have you benefited or suffered financially, mentally, or physically? Any personal stories to share, such as people you know being deported, losing health insurance, making money in the stock market. Not really asking for how you perceive things to be happening, but what has happened to you personally. I realize most people here are against him, but how has it actually affected you whether it's increased your stress level or whatever.

Honestly just curious, and hope to not get into a pissing match. Just a place to share personal stories if you wish.

Personally for me, I've made money in my 401k with the 3 trillion dollars added to the stock market since the election, which was supposed to go down as some democrats said would happen. I've also had some strained relationships, and arguments with people that don't like that I voted for and still support Trump. I run into people that have serious trump derangement syndrome, but honestly most people are quite polite. Overall I'm enjoying it, but wish people would come together and get past the rhetoric and be able to discuss current events civilly. Not saying things are perfect, and I tend to be an asshole about things sometimes, which I'm trying to be better. Previously I didn't really care about people's feelings when discussing Trump because I viewed them as hysterical and didn't really take them seriously. However, I'm trying to do a better job of listening to people.

No sorry, you don't get to equate the global economy to one nation. Trump has not added 3 Trillion dollars to the American economy, that is physically impossible. 

Even in the context of the global economy it is bat shit insane for 62 uber billionaires to have the combined wealth of 3 billion humans. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...n-combined

NOBODY can get rid of the private sector globally, that is a utopia and will never happen. But when the gap between the top and bottom gets out of range, it is no different than if you had a tropical fish tank and didn't keep the water temperature  within the range the fish can live.
[...] pick up my guitar and play
just like yesterday [...]

He hasn't impacted me personally as of yet. But I don't know much about politics so who knows how things will come back to me in the long run.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 13, 2017 at 3:46 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 13, 2017 at 3:37 pm)scoobysnack Wrote: With such a divided nation due to either supporting President Trump or hating him, I'm curious to hear stories of how the first 100+ days has impacted your life personally. Have you benefited or suffered financially, mentally, or physically? Any personal stories to share, such as people you know being deported, losing health insurance, making money in the stock market. Not really asking for how you perceive things to be happening, but what has happened to you personally. I realize most people here are against him, but how has it actually affected you whether it's increased your stress level or whatever.

No sorry, you don't get to equate the global economy to one nation. Trump has not added 3 Trillion dollars to the American economy, that is physically impossible. 

Even in the context of the global economy it is bat shit insane for 62 uber billionaires to have the combined wealth of 3 billion humans. 

NOBODY can get rid of the private sector globally, that is a utopia and will never happen. But when the gap between the top and bottom gets out of range, it is no different than if you had a tropical fish tank and didn't keep the water temperature  within the range the fish can live.

The stock market is up due to business friendly actions to jumpstart the economy, and flood it with liquidity to create optimism for growth so people are willing to take on risk to start business ventures and hire for positions. Generally speaking. If you are invested you are likely making money. Have you become wealthier or lost money yourself?
Trump has impacted my life personally by literally being one of catalysts to relinquishing my naive belief that everyone is basically good deep down.
(May 13, 2017 at 3:56 pm)scoobysnack Wrote:
(May 13, 2017 at 3:46 pm)Brian37 Wrote: No sorry, you don't get to equate the global economy to one nation. Trump has not added 3 Trillion dollars to the American economy, that is physically impossible. 

The stock market is up due to business friendly actions to jumpstart the economy, and flood it with liquidity to create optimism for growth so people are willing to take on risk to start business ventures and hire for positions. Generally speaking. If you are invested you are likely making money. Have you become wealthier or lost money yourself?

Stop JUST FUCKING STOP!

If the rich got everything right all the time, there would be no need for voting. If the rich got everything right America would not suffered the Great Depression or Bush's great Recession. 

If the rich got everything right there would not have been a stock market crash under Reagan. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencelig...e892621021

If the rich got everything right we would not have had the Enron bubble or dot com bubble in the 90s. 

If the rich got everything right we would not have suffered Bush's triple whammy Bank, car housing collapse.

Nobody I would call sane is against the private sector. So stop stupidly thinking anyone who objects to your bullshit logic is out to get you.

Taxing billionaires wont hurt them. Huge difference between "cant" and "don't want to".
The rich people are just humans like everyone else. And, just like most human poor people, and most human middle-class people: most human rich people are clueless fuckwits too.
(May 13, 2017 at 4:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 13, 2017 at 3:56 pm)scoobysnack Wrote: The stock market is up due to business friendly actions to jumpstart the economy, and flood it with liquidity to create optimism for growth so people are willing to take on risk to start business ventures and hire for positions. Generally speaking. If you are invested you are likely making money. Have you become wealthier or lost money yourself?

Stop JUST FUCKING STOP!

If the rich got everything right all the time, there would be no need for voting. If the rich got everything right America would not suffered the Great Depression or Bush's great Recession. 

If the rich got everything right there would not have been a stock market crash under Reagan. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencelig...e892621021

If the rich got everything right we would not have had the Enron bubble or dot com bubble in the 90s. 

If the rich got everything right we would not have suffered Bush's triple whammy Bank, car housing collapse.

Nobody I would call sane is against the private sector. So stop stupidly thinking anyone who objects to your bullshit logic is out to get you.

Taxing billionaires wont hurt them. Huge difference between "cant" and "don't want to".

To be fair you are arguing a point I didn't even make, and not sure what I said that made you go off on the disparity of wealth, which I agree exists. I'm thinking you believe we are headed towards financial meltdown in the near future based on current trends you are seeing from his policies so far. It's possible I'll give you that because I expected a major correction a few years back which never happened. I used to be a prepper and now have some survival supplies and freeze dried food supply. Honest question, have you stocked up on anything in the anticipation that Shit will hit the fan?
(May 13, 2017 at 4:15 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: The rich people are just humans like everyone else. And, just like most human poor people, and most human middle-class people: most human rich people are clueless fuckwits too.

Not all rich in the world are greedy, but the global climate sucks right now. 

I really am sick of too many on the far right thinking "capitalism" is a form of government. 

The Saudi Royal family owns businesses, like oil and banks, and invest in the global weapons industry. Gadaffi was a billionaire who owned stock in GE. Fidel Castro had an estimated personal wealth of $800,000,000 dollars.

Hitler did not ban private business, he stole it from the public and gave it to his loyalists. 

Even the Un Family has global investments. 

There is not one nation friend or foe that does not invest in the global market.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1701 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1054 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4488 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36884 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Trump has blood on his hands WinterHold 60 4370 December 13, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  This is officially the funniest thing Trump has ever said Aegon 12 1542 September 19, 2018 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Trump has a go at the NHS. downbeatplumb 11 1403 February 7, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them? NuclearEnergy 2 1042 June 2, 2017 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What's your thoughts on Trump? Zenith 239 29368 March 27, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3137 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer