Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Times Square attack ??
Times Square attack ??
Just on news.

10 people injured when a 'speeding' car jumped curb and clobbered pedestrians on the sidewalk.

One arrest so far, apparently an interfering bystander.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Times Square attack ??
I mean the fact that you're already calling it an attack is a little startling.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I did append "??" to the thread title.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Okay.
- Thomas Jefferson
Early reports from Reuters quotes witnesses vehicle was going the wrong way.

Times Square is closed off.

Driver in custody.

Car lodged on barrier pillars, 2 wheels off the ground. Speculation from news heads is that 'speeding' in Times Square is a rather difficult thing to do.

early witness report is it 'looked' intentional.

13 patients transported.

Quote:David Shuster, an anchor with i24News, says NYPD claims the car "lost control" and a driver is in custody.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/car-hits-ped...re/9873165
- Thomas Jefferson
Given recent terrorist tactics it's reasonable to ask.. attack??
The early news stories I've just seen don't seem to indicate such concerns though. Looks more like a mental health issue to me but I'm sure with the driver in custody we will have the answer shortly.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
Probably not PC to wonder if the driver looked 'elderly' . . . .

Elderly driver was actually one of the first things I thought of. You're far more likely to see an accident due to an elderly/very young driver than most other things.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 518 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 492 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 483 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 415 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8563 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  NY TIMES Publishes CIA Propaganda On Venezuela Cepheus Ace 25 1910 April 8, 2019 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1368 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Terror attack in Melbourne this arvo. ignoramus 19 1548 November 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: no one
  Potential Vehicle Attack In Toronto Amarok 24 2103 July 13, 2018 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Today The Temporary Monument To The Toronto Van Attack Was Taken Down Amarok 1 439 June 4, 2018 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Cecelia