Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NY TIMES Publishes CIA Propaganda On Venezuela
NY TIMES Publishes CIA Propaganda On Venezuela

RE: NY TIMES Publishes CIA Propaganda On Venezuela
Unfortunately this is the new version of conquering. They just brainwash the public so that they believe it is something else. I really hope enough people start to realise what the mainstream media really is before that’s all they are able to hear; that day is not far off now.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 8, 2019 at 2:49 am)robvalue Wrote: Unfortunately this is the new version of conquering. They just brainwash the public so that they believe it is something else. I really hope enough people start to realise what the mainstream media really is before that’s all they are able to hear; that day is not far off now.

Unfortunately I think you are right and main stream media will be ignored. 
Its why civilisation peaked in 2015 and is now on a downward spiral because the "mainstream" is the only media that can be trusted in any way. The rest is all unregulated self interest groups and Russian bots all with an agenda that unfortunately is believed more and more.

So although I think you are right that main stream media will die I think you are wrong that its a good thing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 8, 2019 at 4:30 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 8, 2019 at 2:49 am)robvalue Wrote: Unfortunately this is the new version of conquering. They just brainwash the public so that they believe it is something else. I really hope enough people start to realise what the mainstream media really is before that’s all they are able to hear; that day is not far off now.

Unfortunately I think you are right and main stream media will be ignored. 
Its why civilisation peaked in 2015 and is now on a downward spiral because the "mainstream" is the only media that can be trusted in any way. The rest is all unregulated self interest groups and Russian bots all with an agenda that unfortunately is believed more and more.

So although I think you are right that main stream media will die I think you are wrong that its a good thing.

how is mainstream media dying a bad thing?
Knee-jerk reactions to "mainstream media" is a bad thing.
(April 8, 2019 at 6:26 am)Cepheus Ace Wrote: how is mainstream media dying a bad thing?

Because uninformed and unaccountable amateur youtube vloggers telling you what they reckon to be true, from the comfort of their basements - that's not journalism. Without this so called "mainstream media" (like that's a singular entity, somehow) everyone's source of news will be their preferred facebook bot spewing propaganda, that an algorithm decided is right for their political and social views.

Newspapers and TV networks are obviously problematic, but at least they have addresses and people who can lose their jobs, if caught lying. I don't see why I should trust some random guy on social media to tell me "how things really are". Rolleyes
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
The "mainstream media" needs a reputation of reliability or people won't watch it. (Contrasted to Faux News, which has a reputation of saying what some people want to hear.)
I'm not wasting 30 minutes to find out if you have a point. Maybe you should post some dialogue and not just a vid

If your point is that Trump/USA is backing the wrong Venezuela leader because of the CIA, then the CIA must be pretty convincing. Look at how many other countries they've convinced: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-47053701
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 8, 2019 at 6:50 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 8, 2019 at 6:26 am)Cepheus Ace Wrote: how is mainstream media dying a bad thing?

Because uninformed and unaccountable amateur youtube vloggers telling you what they reckon to be true, from the comfort of their basements - that's not journalism. Without this so called "mainstream media" (like that's a singular entity, somehow) everyone's source of news will be their preferred facebook bot spewing propaganda, that an algorithm decided is right for their political and social views.

Newspapers and TV networks are obviously problematic, but at least they have addresses and people who can lose their jobs, if caught lying. I don't see why I should trust some random guy on social media to tell me "how things really are". Rolleyes

and how is mainstream media any different?
(April 8, 2019 at 7:26 am)Cepheus Ace Wrote:
(April 8, 2019 at 6:50 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Because uninformed and unaccountable amateur youtube vloggers telling you what they reckon to be true, from the comfort of their basements - that's not journalism. Without this so called "mainstream media" (like that's a singular entity, somehow) everyone's source of news will be their preferred facebook bot spewing propaganda, that an algorithm decided is right for their political and social views.

and how is mainstream media any different?

(April 8, 2019 at 6:50 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Newspapers and TV networks are obviously problematic, but at least they have addresses and people who can lose their jobs, if caught lying.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MA publishes database of law enforcement disciplinary actions Nanny 0 412 August 22, 2023 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Can Anyone Make Any Sense of These Trump Propaganda Brochures? Prof.Lunaphiles 2 334 April 21, 2020 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Donald Trump Wants To Invade Venezuela...Media Continues to Fixate on Tweets ReptilianPeon 15 3089 July 7, 2018 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Times Square attack ?? vorlon13 25 5223 May 20, 2017 at 4:29 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  WikiLeaks/CIA brewer 33 3372 March 9, 2017 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Russian Propaganda Saps, Impurifies Our Precious C-Span The Grand Nudger 2 498 January 13, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Wikileaks publishes Podesta emails account_inactive 63 6352 November 6, 2016 at 1:21 am
  Man stabs his girlfriend 100 times RobertE 52 6723 September 23, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: RobertE
  Ex-CIA Director Who Endorsed Clinton Calls for Killing Iranians and Russians in Syria account_inactive 15 3261 August 18, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Venezuela KUSA 31 3425 May 27, 2016 at 12:40 pm