Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
This lady is lucky she didn't get injured or die. If someone wanted my vehicle that badly, they can have it. Objects can be replaced, you're life cannot be replaced. 

RE: Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
Meh, I read of a guy who shot through his bedroom wall because he thought his TV was being stolen late one night. Shot his son in the back.
Vehicles are pretty expensive objects, though.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 25, 2017 at 8:19 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Meh, I read of a guy who shot through his bedroom wall because he thought his TV was being stolen late one night. Shot his son in the back.

Stupid is stupid. 

I can speak from experience, not on carjacking, but trying to jump back into my van when I left it in reverse and forgot and stepped out. It took off on me, I tried grabbing the wheel to pull myself back in. Nope it ain't Hollywood. The van drug me. I was lucky because all it did was loop around an everyone saw it coming so they stopped. Nobody got hurt. But no, I will never do that again. 

I got scrapes but could have gotten myself run over by my own vehicle. 

This lady was lucky that the carjacker had some sense, but she was stupid. What if he had had a weapon, or what if he had speed up? I think Mythbusters did a episode where they did the hood thing, and no, not even the strongest man can hang on at high speeds. You see a stunt person in a TV show or movie do that, it is rigged and they are strapped on.
(May 25, 2017 at 8:32 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 8:19 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Meh, I read of a guy who shot through his bedroom wall because he thought his TV was being stolen late one night. Shot his son in the back.

Stupid is stupid. 

I can speak from experience, not on carjacking, but trying to jump back into my van when I left it in reverse and forgot and stepped out. It took off on me, I tried grabbing the wheel to pull myself back in. Nope it ain't Hollywood. The van drug me. I was lucky because all it did was loop around an everyone saw it coming so they stopped. Nobody got hurt. But no, I will never do that again. 

I got scrapes but could have gotten myself run over by my own vehicle. 

This lady was lucky that the carjacker had some sense, but she was stupid. What if he had had a weapon, or what if he had speed up? I think Mythbusters did a episode where they did the hood thing, and no, not even the strongest man can hang on at high speeds. You see a stunt person in a TV show or movie do that, it is rigged and they are strapped on.

You never jumped out of a moving train? It's a life experience.
(May 25, 2017 at 8:28 am)Chad32 Wrote: Vehicles are pretty expensive objects, though.

So the fuck what, that is what you buy insurance for. My vehicle isn't worth my life. No object is worth my life. Same with a robber. You stick a gun in my face and demand my wallet, you can have it.
(May 25, 2017 at 8:37 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 8:28 am)Chad32 Wrote: Vehicles are pretty expensive objects, though.

So the fuck what, that is what you buy insurance for. My vehicle isn't worth my life. No object is worth my life. Same with a robber. You stick a gun in my face and demand my wallet, you can have it.

When I was in LA, back when, a guy carjacked a lady and had to stop a few miles away to offload the kids in the back seat. Lesser motivation would require lesser demonstration on the driver's part.
What a pussy carjacker. He should have sped up, hit the brakes hard, and sent her flying.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 25, 2017 at 8:47 am)Lutrinae Wrote: What a pussy carjacker.  He should have sped up, hit the brakes hard, and sent her flying.

Ha ha ha, that is just mean.  Big Grin 

I am glad he had some sense of empathy and or fear.
(May 25, 2017 at 8:37 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Most people don't keep hundreds of thousands of dollars in their wallet. Though yeah, the smart thing to do would be check the liscence plate number, and call the cops, if it's happening right in front of you. Still, people don't always think clearly in a panicked situation.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But.. But.... But..... onlinebiker 25 1558 May 6, 2022 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who likes the McRib? jasonelijah 5 203 March 30, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Satanic Temple beating fundies at their own game Peebothuhlu 2 472 August 9, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: no one
  regarding COPPA, is the FTC overreaching their authority here? Cepheus Ace 7 689 November 21, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  He likes big butt dials and he cannot lie. Brian37 1 482 October 26, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Things will be fine since they have that magic "R" next to their name A Godzilla fan 2 632 August 28, 2019 at 6:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did nobody teach this guy to read? Brian37 29 2800 January 10, 2019 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Trumptards Reduced to Photoshopping Their "Hero." Minimalist 19 2252 September 24, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Melania visits kids taken from their parents? Brian37 36 4595 June 22, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Don't Trust Management (or Trump) If Their Lips Are Moving Minimalist 0 221 May 22, 2018 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist