Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montana GOP candidate Gianforte bodyslams reporter.
Montana GOP candidate Gianforte bodyslams reporter.
WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul Ryan on Thursday called on Republican Greg Gianforte to apologize after he was charged with assaulting a reporter, but said he will leave it up to Montana voters to decide whether they want him to serve in Congress.

"I do not think this is acceptable behavior, but the choice will be made by the people of Montana," Ryan said during a press conference. "I think he should apologize."

A Montana sheriff charged Gianforte with misdemeanor assault Wednesday night after Guardian journalist Ben Jacobs said the politician "body slammed" him at a campaign event in Bozeman while the reporter tried to ask a question.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics...er-n764421

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ! Couldn't he have just retreated to his safe space?

RE: Montana GOP candidate Gianforte bodyslams reporter.
perhaps initiating a BDSM encounter ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 25, 2017 at 2:59 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul Ryan on Thursday called on Republican Greg Gianforte to apologize after he was charged with assaulting a reporter, but said he will leave it up to Montana voters to decide whether they want him to serve in Congress.

"I do not think this is acceptable behavior, but the choice will be made by the people of Montana," Ryan said during a press conference. "I think he should apologize."

A Montana sheriff charged Gianforte with misdemeanor assault Wednesday night after Guardian journalist Ben Jacobs said the politician "body slammed" him at a campaign event in Bozeman while the reporter tried to ask a question.

His standards, if he ever had any, have been permanently wrecked by covering for Trump.
(May 25, 2017 at 3:06 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 2:59 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul Ryan on Thursday called on Republican Greg Gianforte to apologize after he was charged with assaulting a reporter, but said he will leave it up to Montana voters to decide whether they want him to serve in Congress.

His standards, if he ever had any, have been permanently wrecked by covering for Trump.
A lot of GOPeers are standing up for him. This shows that they aren't serious people.

As for Ryan and Trump, I don't think there are too many athletes bragging about sexual assault in locker rooms.

I don't know when the last time a pubbie proposed a plan that would work for the American people was.

Not serious people and certainly unfit for office.  

Pubbies are just interested in serving the put-upon class, those whose access to excess is always being infringed upon by the bleeding heart liberals.  Sure wish the poor and exploited could gather a couple of clues and start serving their self interest. Of course DeVoss (sp?) is busily fighting to make education still more inadequate to prevent it.
Gianforte wins despite being charged with misdemeanor assault. He not only won the Wrestle Mania Smackdown contest against his reporter opponent but he also pulled off the win in Kansas' special House seat election against his democratic challenger, a Bernie Sanders supporter, Rob Quist. Gianforte defeated Quist by 24,000 votes out of 270,000 ballots cast. One third of those votes had already been cast in early voting.

Quote:Republican wins Montana election one night after being charged with assault

The victory, called by the Associated Press, offered some relief for Republicans, who have struggled to sell their Obamacare overhaul, the American Health Care Act. But it was a closer call than the party had expected when it tapped the multimillionaire to run in a state President Trump carried by 20 points — and when Democrats nominated folk singer Rob Quist instead of an experienced politician. With 83 percent of the vote counted, Gianforte led Quist 51 percent to 44 percent, according to preliminary returns.
Some in the crowd laughed at the mention of the incident. “I made a mistake,” said Gianforte.
“Not in our minds!” yelled a supporter.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/r...spartandhp
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Conservatives: OMG You can't punch out literal white supremacist Richard Spencer!

Conservatives: YAY Paul Gianforte literally bodyslammed a reporter who was doing his fucking job.

And conservatives wonder why liberals see them as abso-fucking-lutely despicable.
Something tells me there is more to the body slam story than what's on the audio tape. Why would we hear "The last guy that came in here did the same thing"? Is there an over zealous journalist moment? Was this more than just questions?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 26, 2017 at 10:26 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Something tells me there is more to the body slam story than what's on the audio tape. Why would we hear "The last guy that came in here did the same thing"? Is there an over zealous journalist moment? Was this more than just questions?

There were several witnesses and none support Gianforte's story that the reporter "grabbed his arm."  He just stuck the microphone in his face and asks him about supporting Trumpcare despite the fact that x amount of people will be thrown off healthcare. He basically did his job. I feel the same about Bernie being grilled for adding his name to the letter by Congress telling the UN to "Leave Israel alone."

Gianforte doesn't belong in politics if he can't handle tough questions,
It was noted on POTUS yesterday Gianforte meets the constitutional requirements for being seated in the House, regardless of the assault.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The PR Wing Of The GOP BrianSoddingBoru4 175 13227 June 18, 2022 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 808 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Now the GOP trots out dirt on Hunter Biden onlinebiker 89 5608 October 21, 2020 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Georgia Reporter Groped on Live TV Divinity 69 4378 December 18, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  How Low Can the GOP/POTUS go? OP/ED Brian37 15 957 March 29, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech.... Brian37 9 964 October 20, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1345 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  All migrants are violent according to GOP.... Brian37 0 268 August 23, 2018 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Brian37
  WSJ Demands GOP Leadership Strip the WLB of Tarriff Powers Minimalist 6 649 June 9, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another GOP Sleazebag Packs It In Minimalist 0 293 April 6, 2018 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist