Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on fat acceptance?
I personally am fine with being happy with your body image. However, it seems that there should be a limit. A spade is simply a spade in my opinion. And being excessively overweight is really bad for your body. Just imagine all that pressure on your bones? As someone who has struggled with being overweight since my high school days, I understand. However, I have gone extra lengths to make some changes. I have even lost 35 lbs since March. Back when my doctor told me that I was overweight and need to lose some lbs. I didn't get angry at him, I simply told him I felt that was coming and that the next time I see him he will be amazed. He said he's going to hold me to that. lol I hope to lose another 30 by the time I see him this fall. Hopefully it'll be a full 100, which would just be outright awesome!!! It's not even like I'm doing some extreme dieting either. I simply have just reduced my calories. I believe this is called a calorie deficit. I have also cut things out like milk out of my diet as well. But anyways, I'm not perfect, no one is. But I just feel that fat acceptance is something that has gone too far in this world. I'm not trying to judge, I just think that people like to make excuses for themselves. Sorry to get off point. A good tip off for me other than my doctor telling me was my joints starting to hurt. [Listen to your body]

I really wish there would be more of education on how unhealthy things like MCdonalds is or other fast food. Nothing wrong with having it every now and then. However, I could bet you some good money there are some Americans who visit these places at least 3-4 times a week. I used to work fast food myself when I was 18.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: What are your thoughts on fat acceptance?
The thing that bothers me is smokers are taxed up to their fucking eyeballs on tobacco products, while fat people are not when it comes to unhealthy food. Tax the hell out of them. I am sick and tired of smoking being socially unacceptable while being obese is.

A can of Coca Cola should cost £10 and a big sharing size bag of crisps should cost £25. That will teach them, and while we are it, they should be denied certain operations on the NHS until they stop their junk food habit.

Oh, and ban junk food in public places and inside pubs. If smokers can't enjoy a fag with their drink, fatties shouldn't be able to enjoy crisps or whatever. Go outside in the cold.
When someone encourages other people who are unhealthily obese to be accepting towards their unhealthy obesity... I believe that is immoral. When someone is that way towards themselves I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Even when people are being completely unhealthy they should be able to do what they want with their own bodies as long as they aren't hurting anyone else's.
Wink 
(June 4, 2017 at 6:47 am)Hammy Wrote: When someone encourages other people who are unhealthily obese to be accepting towards their unhealthy obesity... I believe that is immoral. When someone is that way towards themselves I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Even when people are being completely unhealthy they should be able to do what they want with their own bodies as long as they aren't hurting anyone else's.

I agree, you make an excellent point there.

(June 4, 2017 at 6:45 am)Isis Wrote: The thing that bothers me is smokers are taxed up to their fucking eyeballs on tobacco products, while fat people are not when it comes to unhealthy food. Tax the hell out them. I am sick and tired of smoking being socially unacceptable while being obese is.

When someone obese is around someone their obesity isn't harming anyone. Smoking is harmful to non-smokers around them and they're hurting the bodies of others with a lung-damaging cancer-inducing poison.

It would be the equivalent of obese people always shoving a little of their food into everyone else's mouths every single time people were around them.

I think smoking around non-smokers should absolutely be illegal. I believe there should be special smoking bars and pubs for smokers. Damaging the lungs of people who don't wish to smoke is morally wrong, IMO.

But there's nothing wrong with choosing to be obese and unhealthy when you're not forcing that on anyone else. I think it's unwise and unhealthy but as long as you're not hurting anyone else it's not immoral.
(June 4, 2017 at 6:51 am)Hammy Wrote:
(June 4, 2017 at 6:45 am)Isis Wrote: The thing that bothers me is smokers are taxed up to their fucking eyeballs on tobacco products, while fat people are not when it comes to unhealthy food. Tax the hell out them. I am sick and tired of smoking being socially unacceptable while being obese is.

When someone obese is around someone their obesity isn't harming anyone. Smoking is harmful to non-smokers around them and they're hurting the bodies of others with a lung-damaging cancer-inducing poison.

It would be the equivalent of obese people always shoving a little of their food into everyone else's mouths every single time people were around them.

I think smoking around non-smokers should absolutely be illegal. I believe there should be special smoking bars and pubs for smokers. Damaging the lungs of people who don't wish to smoke is morally wrong, IMO.

But there's nothing wrong with choosing to be obese and unhealthy when you're not forcing that on anyone else. I think it's unwise and unhealthy but as long as you're not hurting anyone else it's not immoral.
 I believe more of the point Isis was trying to make is that both things are just as unhealthy. However, one affects those around them more than another does.

Body image and health are two different things. Ideally, concern for one's weight should arise from health concerns. Body image is ultimately a reflection of society's aesthetic standards, which are different in different cultures.
(June 4, 2017 at 6:45 am)Isis Wrote: The thing that bothers me is smokers are taxed up to their fucking eyeballs on tobacco products, while fat people are not when it comes to unhealthy food. Tax the hell out of them. I am sick and tired of smoking being socially unacceptable while being obese is.

A can of Coca Cola should cost £10 and a big sharing size bag of crisps should cost £25. That will teach them, and while we are it, they should be denied certain operations on the NHS until they stop their junk food habit.

This kind of attitude and false comparison is what makes a little bit of fat acceptance a good thing. There's nothing wrong with a person choosing to buy and eat junk food... they're not harming anyone else. People should be allowed to eat what they want... as long as they're not encouraging others to be obese.

And eating junk food around people doesn't damage their body like smoking around people does. I love junk food and I'm not obese and I don't encourage people to be obese. I eat what I want and other people eat what they want. And they can eat what they want around me... and I can eat what I want around them. And we don't shove our food in each other's mouths like smokers shove their smoke down non-smoker's lungs. And even junk food is still a food. It has a purpose... it stops people going hungry even if it's the least healthy food. Smoke on the other hand... is just an addictive poison. Zero nourishment. And the fact nicotine is put into it and all that does is make people addicted... is fucked up. Considering no one would get hooked on cigarettes in the first place without the nicotine.
(June 4, 2017 at 6:53 am)It_Was_me Wrote:  I believe more of the point Isis was trying to make is that both things are just as unhealthy. However, one affects those around them more than another does.

Yeah, you're more or less spot on. I recognise that smoking is harmful to those around you, obesity on the other hand is not. I just think that if we are taxing unhealthy habits then junk food should be on the list.
(June 4, 2017 at 6:53 am)It_Was_me Wrote:  I believe more of the point Isis was trying to make is that both things are just as unhealthy. However, one affects those around them more than another does.

No she said that junk food should be taxed like cigarettes and she even said eating junk food in pubs should be banned like cigarettes are. Completely false comparison because junk food doesn't harm other people around them who don't eat it. The only way she could make that comparison was if anyone who ate junk food around people shoved parts of it down the mouths of other people around them... and even doing that would be less harmful than shoving smoke down people's lungs. Unhealthy food is still at least a food. Not just a fucking addictive poison that harms other people around them who don't want to even consume that fucking addictive poison.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10967 247142 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jackalope
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2034 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 1866 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 993 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2151 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2110 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  2019 has sucked a fat one so far SteelCurtain 11 1417 February 19, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5420 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1889 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1099 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose