Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EpiPen maker CEO to America: "Go fuck yourselves."
EpiPen maker CEO to America: "Go fuck yourselves."
http://gizmodo.com/drug-company-chairman...1795816263

It's not even hyperbole.

Quote:This is how the New York Times describes Coury’s reaction to critics of Mylan’s price gouging:

Mr. Coury replied that he was untroubled. He raised both his middle fingers and explained, using colorful language, that anyone criticizing Mylan, including its employees, ought to go copulate with themselves. Critics in Congress and on Wall Street, he said, should do the same. And regulators at the Food and Drug Administration? They, too, deserved a round of anatomically challenging self-fulfillment.
RE: EpiPen maker CEO to America: "Go fuck yourselves."
I thought the CEO that came under fire was Heather Bresch.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
All CEOS should be under fire.
(June 6, 2017 at 9:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: All CEOS should be under in the fire.

There. Fixed it for you. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I'm hoping that some kids in a biology class figure out an inexpensive process for the production thereof and cut that SOB off at the knees. Angry  I just saw this with (I think) a malaria medication being made for way cheap. Someone can correct me if I have the disease wrong.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 6, 2017 at 11:31 pm)Fireball Wrote: I'm hoping that some kids in a biology class figure out an inexpensive process for the production thereof and cut that SOB off at the knees. Angry  I just saw this with (I think) a malaria medication being made for way cheap. Someone can correct me if I have the disease wrong.

CVS just worked out a deal with Adrenalick (generic epic-pen) 2 for 10$ after 100$ rebate. No insurance needed.  Big Grin
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

The medication is cheap, its my understanding that it's ordinary epinephrine. It's the delivery system that they're profiteering from, IMO.
(June 6, 2017 at 11:39 pm)JamieB Wrote:
(June 6, 2017 at 11:31 pm)Fireball Wrote: I'm hoping that some kids in a biology class figure out an inexpensive process for the production thereof and cut that SOB off at the knees. Angry  I just saw this with (I think) a malaria medication being made for way cheap. Someone can correct me if I have the disease wrong.

CVS just worked out a deal with Adrenalick (generic epic-pen) 2 for 10$ after 100$ rebate. No insurance needed.  Big Grin

That's awesome, however the OP is more about being being an indictment of the sort of people who seem to bubble up to the top than about whatever alternatives do or do not exist for their product.

Mylans "innovation" is to make a small change to the pen which makes it slightly easier to inject. What should happen at this stage is that the US patent office revokes relevant patents, as they do nothing to protect meaningful innovation (the rationale for patents)
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 7, 2017 at 1:48 am)Tazzycorn Wrote:

Mylans "innovation" is to make a small change to the pen which makes it slightly easier to inject. What should happen at this stage is that the US patent office revokes relevant patents, as they do nothing to protect meaningful innovation (the rationale for patents)

^^^

This, and it seems to be in the industry. Patent, make a small tweak right before the patent expires, get an extension, repatent or extend. It doesn't even have to be a change in formulation, changing it's application can also result in an extension. I used to take an expensive drug that had no generic in the United States. The patents had long since expired everywhere else, but the drug was tested for and subsequently approved for use on minors, and on that basis it was granted a new patent term. It literally was granted a new US patent months before it was prescribed to me, when a generic had been available elsewhere for years. To the best of my recollection.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America's newest chess master Foxaèr 9 534 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 707 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 872 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1357 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 5164 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2732 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2480 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 492 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1497 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4531 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm