Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Oregon!
Go Oregon!
Quote:Oregon Senate approves equal pay legislation

The Oregon Senate unanimously passed a bill Wednesday that would make sure women are paid the same rate as men for the same work.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/ne...101794498/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Go Oregon!
Today in "How the fuck was this not already a thing Jesus Christ what century are you wankers living in" news...
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 13, 2017 at 7:40 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Today in "How the fuck was this not already a thing Jesus Christ what century are you wankers living in" news...

Republicunts and the asshole corporate criminals that own them.
this is on the top of the legislative heap when the posse commitatus types are still running amuck ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My question is more: why the heck does this need legislation?!!
The Oregon Senate unanimously passed a bill Wednesday that would make sure women are paid the same rate as men for the same work.

I agree with this. However, I just hope a person is paid what they are worth. For instance, a secretary shouldn't be paid as much as the Manager just because she has a vagina. But yes, a manager who is female should be paid just the same as the manager who is male should be paid.

I hope I'm making sense. lol

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
threat (promise!) of litigation is a bigger motivator for business types in this matter than legislative remedies
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Nothing will change, except that businesses may have more paperwork to do.

Business owners want to make money. If they could really get the same work from women for 82 cents on the dollar, they'd hire only women. However, when you factor this stuff in:

Quote:The bill requires that differences in compensation among employees must be based on job-related reasons such as merit, seniority, quantity or quality of production, workplace locations, travel, education, training or experience.

Men tend to have more experience because they're less likely to take time off to raise kids.
I'd get myself banned for even linking to the picture, but male birthing of bebbees is maybe a little closer than we all realize . . .

Not to mention the fact that in modern times, many men take paternity leave to take care of the baby while the wife goes back to work.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oregon Has No Death Row BrianSoddingBoru4 6 912 December 14, 2022 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1502 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members EgoDeath 140 11618 July 21, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Oregon School District forces LGBT kids to read bible as punishment Divinity 42 3684 May 14, 2018 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING: OREGON COLLEGE SHOOTING c172 189 37602 October 11, 2015 at 3:18 am
Last Post: MattB
  Secular Celebrant Bill Passes Oregon House Secular Elf 0 734 May 30, 2015 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  NOM denied right to defend Oregon's marriage equality ban Clueless Morgan 9 2325 May 15, 2014 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan