Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon School District forces LGBT kids to read bible as punishment
Oregon School District forces LGBT kids to read bible as punishment
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/11/health/lg...1526095927

Quote:
  •  student said she was hit in the hand with a skateboard by another student who made homophobic comments. When the victim complained to the school resource officer, the officer was dismissive and said homosexuality was a choice and not in line with their personal religious beliefs, the student said.
  • A student was required by the superintendent to read a passage from the Bible as punishment on at least two occasions. The building administrator acknowledged in an interview with state education officials that he required Bible reading as a form of discipline.
  • During a class discussion, a teacher said "If same sex marriage is okay, what about marrying your dog? It's about the same thing."

What great people these Christians are.  "You were hit in the head by a skateboard?  Well you're gay, so you deserve it!"

Those employees should be fired immediately, and never allowed to work in public schools again.  I'm sure they'll find many 'christian' schools that will accept them.  Though I think they should be responsible for paying any money the district loses in any lawsuits.  100% of it.  Make them pay through the ass.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
RE: Oregon School District forces LGBT kids to read bible as punishment
Using the Bible as an implement of punishment might be something I can get behind. Seems like using it that way would never come to fruition in a way a Scripturalist would consider positive.

Suppose a Catholic priest has ever beat a small child to death with one of those big altar bibles ?? Might be worth researching for an instance . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

How utterly disgusting Sad Fire these people immediately!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The Bible contains a lot of neat stories about hyprocrisy, murder, rape, robbery, stealing, sex, lying, and all other assorted crimes. So a student should tell the superintendent that he wants to read about how the crazy old coot Abraham spent his life fucking his sister and ask the superintendent if he did it as well and if not, why not? After he, he believes in the Bible, doesn't he?
Pretty sure assault is assault, whether you think homosexuality is a choice or not. I wonder if people think you can beat the gay out of someone, do they also think you can beat the straight out of them?

You'd think using the bible as a moral guide would stop working once people realizes it advocates killing children at any time. Among many other things.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I thought Oregon was one of the cool states, along with California...
It is but you can get bible-thumping assholes anywhere.  That's the problem with them.  They blend in until they do something really stupid and obnoxious.

And then they whine like the fucking little babies they are.
Edit.
Yep...the thought police are out in force again!
<insert profound quote here>
(May 11, 2018 at 11:48 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Using the Bible as an implement of punishment might be something I can get behind.  Seems like using it that way would never come to fruition in a way a Scripturalist would consider positive.

Suppose a Catholic priest has ever beat a small child to death with one of those big altar bibles ??   Might be worth researching for an instance . . .

I can see why forcing someone to read that shit would be a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26715 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oregon Has No Death Row BrianSoddingBoru4 6 922 December 14, 2022 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5796 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1526 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1348 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks. Brian37 5 646 October 15, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1179 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members EgoDeath 140 11747 July 21, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Middle School Hit List Foxaèr 24 2596 April 24, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Did nobody teach this guy to read? Brian37 29 2732 January 10, 2019 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Dr H