Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members
Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/opinions/...index.html

WARNING: The video below, within the hide tags, shows some violent acts.

I have to wonder how anyone thinks that this is okay. People who claim to be all about tolerance, liberty and love just straight up attacking a man who is unarmed and showing no signs of aggression simply because they disagree with his political views. Admittedly, I don't know much about Ngo; he describes himself as a "right-of-center journalist" who, according to CNN, "has made a cottage industry of exposing manufactured instances of hate crimes."

This man is openly gay and an ethnic minority; he's Vietnamese. Yet, somehow, Antifa has painted him has some allt-right white supremacist. Imagine that: A Vietnamese White Supremacist."

The flippant way in which these morons label people as "nazis" is simply insane and honestly concerning.

Not to mention, these antifa clowns don't even understand real violence; it's almost like they're playing a game. Computer nerds who get together and wear masks and bully people who they know are easy targets. You know what's actually scary? Right-wing nuts with real guns who are willing to kill people... people who run militias and have compounds with crates of guns and ammunition. What exactly are they antifa assholes trying to stir up? Fucking insane.

edit: Also, interestingly enough, Andy Ngo states that in some of Antifas press releases it has been stated that even if, within the organization, you disagree with the tactics of Antifa members, you are not to state it publicly. It's almost like Antifa is a fascist movement that will use violence against its enemies. Weird, huh? What a bunch of fucking clowns?
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members
(July 11, 2019 at 5:59 am)EgoDeath Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/opinions/...index.html

WARNING: The video below, within the hide tags, shows some violent acts.

I have to wonder how anyone thinks that this is okay. People who claim to be all about tolerance, liberty and love just straight up attacking a man who is unarmed and showing no signs of aggression simply because they disagree with his political views. Admittedly, I don't know much about Ngo; he describes himself as a "right-of-center journalist" who, according to CNN, "has made a cottage industry of exposing manufactured instances of hate crimes."

This man is openly gay and an ethnic minority; he's Vietnamese. Yet, somehow, Antifa has painted him has some allt-right white supremacist. Imagine that: A Vietnamese White Supremacist."

The flippant way in which these morons label people as "nazis" is simply insane and honestly concerning.

Not to mention, these antifa clowns don't even understand real violence; it's almost like they're playing a game. Computer nerds who get together and wear masks and bully people who they know are easy targets. You know what's actually scary? Right-wing nuts with real guns who are willing to kill people... people who run militias and have compounds with crates of guns and ammunition. What exactly are they antifa assholes trying to stir up? Fucking insane.

edit: Also, interestingly enough, Andy Ngo states that in some of Antifas press releases it has been stated that even if, within the organization, you disagree with the tactics of Antifa members, you are not to state it publicly. It's almost like Antifa is a fascist movement that will use violence against its enemies. Weird, huh? What a bunch of fucking clowns?

I may have missed it - when did anyone in the Antifa movement claim to be about 'tolerance, liberty and love'?

And it's not 'almost' like Antifa is a fascist movement.  Eighty-odd years ago, we'd have called them 'Blackshirts'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The left has some assholes also??? Who knew.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yes, Andy Ngo is a white supremacist. Like... if you actually know anything about him you wouldn't call him a 'journalist' and certainly wouldn't say he's not a white supremacist. Yes, asians can be white supremacists. To act like they can't is disingenuous at best. Andy NGO provokes people intentionally to get these reactions.

I'm not going to condone the violence against him. But I'm also not going to let people act like he's some innocent boy who's just trying to get his story. Give me a fucking break. He's an alt right racist who runs with the likes of them in order to provoke responses. He's no better than James O'Keefe. He doxxed a woman who had her spine broken by his friends. So let's not act like he's not a fucking asshole.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
I always thought "antifas" to be an oxymoron.....

" hey look - there's a bunch of fascists - let's go kick their asses".....

Popcorn
(July 11, 2019 at 10:39 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I always thought "antifas" to be an oxymoron.....

Popcorn

To be fair, I don't think meeting actual fascists "in the marketplace of ideas" is all that effective. An Antifa is definitely needed in some parts of the world, in my opinion.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
The problem with fascists is they don't respect peaceful protest. They'll just ignore you, call you a traitor, or attack you. But of course they cry foul at violent protests too. There are two kinds of protests that I know of, and the constitution protects the right to do so. Support one or the other. I would prefer peaceful, but I realize this country was founded on violent protests against taxation without representation, so I understand why some people think violence is the answer.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The problem is the appeal...

" hey - join our group and we'll go kick ass.... But we only kick the asses of those who deserve it...."

And it' s never a problem finding somebody who needs their ass kicked....
(July 11, 2019 at 11:17 am)Aegon Wrote:
(July 11, 2019 at 10:39 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I always thought "antifas" to be an oxymoron.....

Popcorn

To be fair, I don't think meeting actual fascists "in the marketplace of ideas" is all that effective. An Antifa is definitely needed in some parts of the world, in my opinion.

Horseshit.  The violent suppression of ideas always and inevitably leads to tyranny, no matter how noble the motivation.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 11, 2019 at 1:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 11, 2019 at 11:17 am)Aegon Wrote: To be fair, I don't think meeting actual fascists "in the marketplace of ideas" is all that effective. An Antifa is definitely needed in some parts of the world, in my opinion.

Horseshit.  The violent suppression of ideas always and inevitably leads to tyranny, no matter how noble the motivation.

Boru

How does one violently oppress violent oppressors? I'm talking genuine fascists here, in power, in government
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oregon Has No Death Row BrianSoddingBoru4 6 928 December 14, 2022 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1066 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 26916 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1640 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 609 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Oregon School District forces LGBT kids to read bible as punishment Divinity 42 3733 May 14, 2018 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Train Carrying GOP Members Crashes Into Trash Truck A Theist 40 5701 February 1, 2018 at 6:43 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Go Oregon! Foxaèr 9 1591 June 14, 2017 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Antifa bike lock attacker arrested John V 71 28523 June 3, 2017 at 5:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Antifa Writer assaulted by racist Muslims account_inactive 21 2993 September 12, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: RobertE