Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Chancellor of the unification" Helmut Kohl dead
Former German chancellor Helmut Kohl dies, 87
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/helmut-ko...r7jbDdsqhw--

BERLIN (AP) -- Helmut Kohl, the physically imposing German chancellor whose reunification of a nation divided by the Cold War put Germany at the heart of a united Europe, has died at 87.

Kohl's Christian Democratic Union Party posted on Twitter: "We are in sorrow. #RIP #HelmutKohl."
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Former German chancellor Helmut Kohl dies, 87
I don't recall much angst from the former East Germany about reunification. Just relief their long national nightmare was over.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Former German chancellor Helmut Kohl dies, 87
Yeah. I agree. But I guess if he didn't do what all he did, we'd still have W. Ger and E. Ger.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
"Chancellor of the unification" Helmut Kohl dead
He was the face of conservative German politics during my childhood, hated by progressives, Gorbachev's trusted friend, co-architect of the German reunification, Angela Merkel's mentor and problematic political father figure, and last but not least, the most important person from my home state.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: "Chancellor of the unification" Helmut Kohl dead
threads on Helmut were combined.

Carry on everyone.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.