Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with anger?
How do you deal with anger?
Hi,

We all live moments in our lives that make us very angry, and even feel a strong desire for revenge. Unfortunately (or fortunately), we live in a society with laws. Meaning if we kill someone for revenge we go to prison.

How do you deal with your anger? With a desire of revenge? In my case this is very hard sometimes. I self-indulge in a cicle of fantasies of revenge. Very hard to let go sometimes.
RE: How do you deal with anger?
I hardly ever get angry anymore. In the rare occasions that I do, I leave whatever situation I am currently in. Usually I'd do something like go outside and start walking until I'm too tired to be angry anymore.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(June 23, 2017 at 3:00 am)Macoleco Wrote: Hi,
I self-indulge in a cicle of fantasies of revenge. Very hard to let go sometimes.

Hello. Have you met your soul mate? Beccs? She saves lives during business hours and resets her Kharma back to neutral after hours!

She has lots of blood on her hands, but we can never tell where it's from! She's very sneaky!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Drugs.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
That doesn't sound healthy.

Sure, if someone wronged me I might be mad for a while, but that fades away.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Anger used to make me lash out at people. As I've gotten older, though, I've learned to push the anger down deeper and deeper, compressing it like a tightly coiled spring.

Tick...tick...tick.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 23, 2017 at 3:00 am)Macoleco Wrote: Hi,

We all live moments in our lives that make us very angry, and even feel a strong desire for revenge. Unfortunately (or fortunately), we live in a society with laws. Meaning if we kill someone for revenge we go to prison.

How do you deal with your anger? With a desire of revenge? In my case this is very hard sometimes. I self-indulge in a cicle of fantasies of revenge. Very hard to let go sometimes.

bold mine

Well, that sounds like all kinds of fun. 

Get bent you jack hole! There, now you've got something to do for the day.

That kind of thinking used to create some of my best/worst drinking days. Don't you miss being more mentally constructive? I just don't have time for that cycle any more.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
spending money I don't have on shit I can't afford and don't need
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I usually throw things. At people.

It's the Italian way.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Bong

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deal alert -- just bought The God Delusion for $3.73 Jehanne 5 724 March 16, 2019 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Peterkin
  How to deal with crooked people onlinebiker 54 7423 January 22, 2019 at 3:19 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  a New Way to Deal with an Old Problem Rhondazvous 9 1332 June 13, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How would you deal with an annoying person? Axis 29 2898 February 23, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  How to deal with a crack head TaraJo 37 5731 August 16, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5642 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  How to deal with a difficult sister who thinks the world revolves around her NuclearEnergy 16 4778 June 6, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Seriously, here's my deal. Foxaèr 30 4097 May 9, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Boundaries (or 'My Latest Exercise in Anger Management') BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2449 August 8, 2016 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Anger management? Chad32 18 2113 October 30, 2015 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso