Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice
Justice
Some policemen, fueled by racial and skin-deep dislikes, do injustices and kill innocent citizens. How to stop this madness?
RE: Justice
Why do you include "policemen" in that statement/question? If you think it's limited to police, I believe that you are incorrect.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 23, 2017 at 8:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Why do you include "policemen" in that statement/question? If you think it's limited to police, I believe that you are incorrect.

I'm referring to many policemen arresting black families in cars or out of cars and shooting fathers/husbands whilst locking their spouses and kids in custody, and without attempts to take them to the hospital before they die. These are the cases I've seen in videos so I must sincerely apologise for assaulting your sensibilities and dignity were you a policeman!

P.S. Of course, injustices aren't because of only police.
This thread is ...Arghhhh.... Can't even begin to respond.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 23, 2017 at 8:09 am)Adventurer Wrote:
(June 23, 2017 at 8:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Why do you include "policemen" in that statement/question? If you think it's limited to police, I believe that you are incorrect.

I'm referring to many policemen arresting black families in cars or out of cars and shooting fathers/husbands whilst locking their spouses and kids in custody, and without attempts to take them to the hospital before they die. These are the cases I've seen in videos so I must sincerely apologise for assaulting your sensibilities and dignity were you a policeman!

P.S. Of course, injustices aren't because of only police.

Never been a policeman, so relax. 

The easy answer to you original question is "eliminate policemen with those beliefs/behaviors from serving".

I'm not going to get into a black/white/red/yellow/green/purple discussion with you or the sensationalism that you have been watching. 

Look, it happens, it's very regrettable, it should be eliminated and, according to statistics of arrests and police shootings, it's blown out of proportion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 23, 2017 at 8:00 am)Adventurer Wrote: Some policemen, fueled by racial and skin-deep dislikes, do injustices and kill innocent citizens. How to stop this madness?

All the training in the world, if someone gets put into a real (or perceived) life or death situation, you just don't know what's going to happen.  

All the training in the world, if year after year, you see people of a demographic committing heinous crimes, The pattern recognition tools evolution doled out to help us survive are going to be firing.

All the training in the world, year after year, seeing just the worst of humanity, that's going to do some damage to you psychologically.

--

The best that can be done is pull people out of the field if they see some cracks starting to form, but I'm guessing if you did that, you wouldn't have enough police officers.  

The reality is, in 21st century America, nobody should be a soldier or cop.  It's just not a job that is compatible with modern times.  But we still need them...so what can you do?  Robots.  Robots are the answer!
Until Robocop arrives, we can identify particularly problematic precincts where there are usually identifiable training or culture problems. Dallas has really turned around its reputation regarding unequal policing, so it's doable.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(June 23, 2017 at 10:12 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Until Robocop arrives, we can identify particularly problematic precincts where there are usually identifiable training or culture problems. Dallas has really turned around its reputation regarding unequal policing, so it's doable.

Yeah, no doubt.  Trying to improve the situation in any way they can goes without saying, I think.  

I just think with 100,000's of cops in 1,000's of cities the end result will never be close to acceptable due to the nature of the problem, as it is inherent to policing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 1958 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1464 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Justice Kennedy retiring! polymath257 30 3303 June 29, 2018 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  A Little Electoral Justice Minimalist 10 1674 November 10, 2017 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Justice Democrats Chad32 5 750 January 29, 2017 at 9:42 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Were social justice warriors responsible for the election outcome? TaraJo 172 18142 December 24, 2016 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Justice - American style Minimalist 29 4076 January 9, 2015 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Dept. of Justice to announce full and equal recognition of same-sex marriages Ryantology 6 2348 February 9, 2014 at 8:39 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Justice Department to Sue North Carolina Minimalist 6 2309 October 1, 2013 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Chief Justice Rehnquist biased towards Christianity? Jquik26 2 1295 July 1, 2012 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist