Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding contractor(s) advice.
Finding contractor(s) advice.
We had some tornado damage to the house a couple of weeks back. Got the roof, exterior siding on one wall, inside drywall (trampoline punched a hole thru), gutter and fence. 

I know, probably sounds dumb, but I've never had to hire contractor's for repairs before. The ins company's only advice was to make sure that they had liability and work comp coverage. Other than making sure that they are local, not paying for materials up front and looking at the BBB rating, anyone got suggestions? 

I'm already getting calls from the storm chasers.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Finding contractor(s) advice.
What about the two girls who just re-did their bathroom?
Min and I can subcontract CM out to you for $500/day.

(Psssst, CM? Want to do some work! Pay is great! ($350 per day!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Dammit.

Wrong context.

I was going to advise finding a contractor who also disposes of the bodies.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 28, 2017 at 9:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What about the two girls who just re-did their bathroom?

Ummmmmmmmmm, sweaty girls climbing all over my .....................

house.

[Image: 1hg97b.jpg]
Here's my advice: move away from tornado-land
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(June 29, 2017 at 7:54 am)Jesster Wrote: Here's my advice: move away from tornado-land

I've been considering your neck of the woods but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet, mentally.
(June 29, 2017 at 8:07 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(June 29, 2017 at 7:54 am)Jesster Wrote: Here's my advice: move away from tornado-land

I've been considering your neck of the woods but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet, mentally.

As much as I love the rarity of tornadoes here, I'm not sure I can recommend living here either. Then again, I'm not a fan of most places. Everything kind of sucks and we just have to figure out how to deal with it all the best we can before our sad lives finally come to an end.

How is my motivational encouragement working out for you so far? I'm considering making a living at this.
(June 29, 2017 at 8:24 am)Jesster Wrote:
(June 29, 2017 at 8:07 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I've been considering your neck of the woods but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet, mentally.

As much as I love the rarity of tornadoes here, I'm not sure I can recommend living here either. Then again, I'm not a fan of most places. Everything kind of sucks and we just have to figure out how to deal with it all the best we can before our sad lives finally come to an end.

How is my motivational encouragement working out for you so far? I'm considering making a living at this.

Don't think I could take the new age hippies in your town, but I did enjoy stop overs in Las Vegas.
(June 29, 2017 at 8:28 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Don't think I could take the new age hippies in your town, but I did enjoy stop overs in Las Vegas.

Whoa. We have new age hippies in Albuquerque? I thought we had them all contained in Santa Fe still. We need to get Trump in here to reinforce that wall before it starts to spread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 554 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6244 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1091 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Last Minute Gift Advice Neo-Scholastic 28 3890 December 27, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13098 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Dating advice seandiggy 30 4470 October 23, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: J a c k
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1138 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Medical advice Macoleco 12 3138 July 7, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Macoleco
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5652 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Some relationship advice NuclearEnergy 34 4368 June 19, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Joods