Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Will This Look On A Hat?
How Will This Look On A Hat?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/busin...v=top-news

Quote:As E.U. and Japan Strengthen Trade Ties, U.S. Risks Losing Its Voice

Quote:Major economies show no inclination to accept American designs on trade — an attitude on display on Thursday as the European Union and Japan agreed to the broad outlines of a free trade deal before a summit meeting of world leaders. If completed, the deal would further the exchange of goods and services between their two markets while, in relative terms, diminishing opportunities for American companies.

These two trading powers, both bedrock American allies, are effectively proceeding with plans to bolster globalization just as the United States is turning to protectionism. Large areas of the global economy are now on divergent paths, creating more uncertainty for multinational companies.

Last fall, Canada and the European Union struck a mammoth trade deal, establishing the rules for a significant chunk of commerce across the Atlantic. The bloc’s latest deal tethers its fortunes closer to Asia and to Japan, which has the world’s third-largest economy.

By contrast, the United States debates the merits of erecting a wall along its southern border, argues about the legality of barring immigrants from several predominantly Muslim nations, and contemplates imposing tariffs on steel imports.

[Image: fucking%20hat.png]
RE: How Will This Look On A Hat?
There's talk also of resurrecting the TPPA, which America pulled out of early in the year, and going forward without the US.

If it goes ahead, and China is involved, the US will lose BIG!
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't think that the New York Times is overly factual in all cases.
The US leads the world in several sectors by leaps and bounds and that won't be changing any time soon. We could drop 15% and still lead the world automotive market.
Small electronics markets are our biggest weakness in manufacturing but we still buy the hell out of them and no one's going to out build the Chinese on cost per unit.
(July 6, 2017 at 9:19 pm)Court Jester Wrote: I don't think that the New York Times is overly factual in all cases.
The US leads the world in several sectors by leaps and bounds and that won't be changing any time soon. We could drop 15% and still lead the world automotive market.
Small electronics markets are our biggest weakness in manufacturing but we still buy the hell out of them and no one's going to out build the Chinese on cost per unit.

You're harshing the doomsayers' mellow, man.  Dodgy
(July 6, 2017 at 9:19 pm)Court Jester Wrote: I don't think that the New York Times is overly factual in all cases.

Yeah we know.  You think the Orange Turd's promises are real.

The Wall St. Journal, too...no doubt.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/imf-lowers-...1498568402

Quote:IMF Lowers Forecast for U.S. Economy Amid Rising Policy Uncertainty

Or Forbes?

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?t...oogle.com/

Quote:GM Confirms U.S. Auto Sales Have Peaked, Avoid Auto Stocks

Or, Business Insider?

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-di...1476402154

Quote:The International Monetary Fund released on Tuesday what amounts to an updated assessment of Donald Trump's economic agenda, and it's not a pretty picture.
Instructively, the IMF is now giving the United States the sort of social-policy advice it once reserved for emerging-market economies.
The IMF has downgraded US growth forecasts for this year and next: to 2.1% from 2.3% for 2017, and to 2.1% from 2.5% in 2018. But that's just one of the IMF's many red flags.

You'll be sure to let me know when you come to your senses about Il Douche, won't you?
I would likely trust the wsj. But economic uncertainty is common in all markets.
I let you know when I get worried though.
(July 6, 2017 at 9:57 pm)Court Jester Wrote: I would likely trust the wsj. But economic uncertainty is common in all markets.

Why would you trust a far-right propganda rag owned by a known and dangerous criminal?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Because CJ is an "I got mine, you get yours" sort of guy ... pretty much the WSJ's target demographic.

(July 7, 2017 at 1:24 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(July 6, 2017 at 9:57 pm)Court Jester Wrote: I would likely trust the wsj. But economic uncertainty is common in all markets.

Why would you trust a far-right propganda rag owned by a known and dangerous criminal?

I really don't know who owns it or what their criminal history or their politics are. I really don't care either way. It's in my mail box six days out of the week and seems to be the only news outlet around here that doesn't take sides in the stuff that I read or care about. I kinda like that about the Wall Street Journal.

(July 7, 2017 at 2:29 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Because CJ is an "I got mine, you get yours" sort of guy ... pretty much the WSJ's target demographic.

I won't argue that in all cases. Some, but not all.

Trample the weak, hurdle the dead. If they had much to offer society, they wouldn't be so easy to pass.
McConnell and Ryan's motto right there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1580 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hillary Clinton - They ( black men) All look alike. onlinebiker 69 7513 November 3, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  You look cute in them there Jeans.... Brian37 0 242 September 4, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Huh. Maybe They All DO Look Alike BrianSoddingBoru4 8 672 August 18, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: GUBU
  And If You Really Need To Find A Dumb Fuck, So. Carolina Is The Place To Look Minimalist 13 1211 April 7, 2018 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Look what Jack in the Box will give you for $4.20 !! vorlon13 14 1800 December 31, 2017 at 8:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Blowhard and a $40 Hat chimp3 76 13802 September 1, 2017 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Don't look now women but the court says it's OK to pay you less based on history. brewer 4 1645 April 27, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Another barf look at Celebrity Despot. Brian37 1 667 January 13, 2017 at 7:39 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Hey look at China dyresand 22 2755 May 28, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome