Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to shoot yourself in the foot lessons.
How to shoot yourself in the foot lessons.
By the Vatican.

As if those arseholes didn't have enough real issues to contend with.

Quote:The unleavened bread used to celebrate the holy communion during Catholic masses can be made with genetically modified organisms, the Vatican said Saturday, but they cannot be entirely gluten-free.

So gluten, which is natural, is banned, but GMS's which are unnatural are not?

Quote:Roman Catholics believe bread and wine served at the Eucharist are converted into the body and blood of Christ through a process known as transubstantiation.

[Image: _96860009_mediaitem96860008.jpg]

I love this. I mean how many Catholics are aware this is what they are supposed to believe? I expect, hope? that on finding out, a number of them will say 'fuckit, enough of this bollocks I'm out of it'.
It seems every proclamation by those daft bastards in Rome invites ridicule.

Quote:A little bird was flying south for the Winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field.While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out!
He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.
A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. The cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

The moral? When you're in the shit keep fucking quiet.

Edit, I made a balls of that, but fuck it. Any mockery of the church is good, and wholesome.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot lessons.
Quote: I mean how many Catholics are aware this is what they are supposed to believe?
All of them, actually.
Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Maybe JC was diabetic?
Jesus wasn't a celiac, that's for sure . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think the catholic church has taken the position that their Hosties must be made from wheat and contain gluten. 

Ah, gluten, the protein that binds transubstantiation from wheat to jesus. catholics gettin all sciency with it. 

BTW, there's a very good chance the original last supper bread was not made from wheat. Oops, there goes the science.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 9, 2017 at 9:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote: I mean how many Catholics are aware this is what they are supposed to believe?
All of them, actually.
Boru

[Cough]

Quote:About half of those polled (52%) say, incorrectly, that Catholicism teaches that the bread and wine used for Communion are symbols of the body and blood of Jesus. Just four-in-ten people correctly answer that, according to the Catholic Church, the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus. Even many Catholics are unaware of their church’s teaching on this topic; while 55% of Catholics get the question right, more than four-in-ten Catholics (41%) say the church teaches that the bread and wine are symbols of Christ’s body and blood, and 3% say they do not know what the church’s teaching is. Still, Catholics perform better on this question than does any other religious group.

Most chtistians don't know what they believe, or why they are supposed believe it.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(July 10, 2017 at 1:10 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(July 9, 2017 at 9:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: All of them, actually.
Boru

[Cough]

Quote:About half of those polled (52%) say, incorrectly, that Catholicism teaches that the bread and wine used for Communion are symbols of the body and blood of Jesus. Just four-in-ten people correctly answer that, according to the Catholic Church, the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus. Even many Catholics are unaware of their church’s teaching on this topic; while 55% of Catholics get the question right, more than four-in-ten Catholics (41%) say the church teaches that the bread and wine are symbols of Christ’s body and blood, and 3% say they do not know what the church’s teaching is. Still, Catholics perform better on this question than does any other religious group.

Most chtistians don't know what they believe, or why they are supposed believe it.

Pretty sure that the Catholic church doesn't consider parishioners who don't believe every jot and tittle of Catholic dogma to be Catholics. Could be wrong on that, though.

Pretty sure it would take one of those infallible papal decrees to change that, and as far as I am aware, that's not happened since the Council of Trent.

Apparently, not all Catholics are up on their catechism. Big surprise.
(July 10, 2017 at 1:10 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(July 9, 2017 at 9:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: All of them, actually.
Boru

[Cough]

And to think these people used to slaughter each other over precisely such nonsense.

It's nice to see that fewer and fewer of them can even be bothered to find out what they are "supposed" to believe. From Cultural Christianity to outright don't-give-a-fuck disbelief is little more than a generational step.
(July 10, 2017 at 1:25 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(July 10, 2017 at 1:10 pm)Succubus Wrote: [Cough]

Pretty sure that the Catholic church doesn't consider parishioners who don't believe every jot and tittle of Catholic dogma to be Catholics.  Could be wrong on that, though.

Pretty sure it would take one of those infallible papal decrees to change that, and as far as I am aware, that's not happened since the Council of Trent.

Apparently, not all Catholics are up on their catechism.  Big surprise.

Big red herring.

Quote:All of them, actually.

You said all of them. My point, which is amply illustrated in the link, is that 'Most' Catholics don't have the remotest idea of what they believe. Again, how many of 'all of them' have ever heard of the Council of Trent?

eta, spelling.
(July 9, 2017 at 8:51 am)Succubus Wrote: By the Vatican.

As if those arseholes didn't have enough real issues to contend with.

Quote:The unleavened bread used to celebrate the holy communion during Catholic masses can be made with genetically modified organisms, the Vatican said Saturday, but they cannot be entirely gluten-free.

So gluten, which is natural, is banned, but GMS's which are unnatural are not?
Based on the above, I would say if something is not entirely gluten-free, then gluten isn't banned. It still has gluten in it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Poison Yourself By Protecting Yourself From Something That Isn't Poisonous BrianSoddingBoru4 4 367 December 18, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Not afraid of blowing yourself up ....... BUT..... Brian37 13 808 April 5, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  If You're Going to Embarrass Yourself, Cover all the Bases AFTT47 15 3415 July 17, 2015 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Lessons from "Pray away the gay camp" Foxaèr 15 4041 June 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The Lie: Hands up. Don't shoot. A Theist 39 12504 April 5, 2015 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Go Fuck Yourself, Abdul Minimalist 5 2008 January 5, 2015 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Maybe They'll Shoot Each Other? Minimalist 4 1255 November 4, 2014 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Officer "Go Fuck Yourself" Resigns JesusHChrist 2 1129 August 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: naimless