Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:25 am

Poll: Do you think humanity would be better off in the long run, if my wish came true?
This poll is closed.
Yes
66.67%
6 66.67%
No
22.22%
2 22.22%
Other
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could have One wish..
If you could have One wish..
What would it be? 

Right now I'm thinking that I wish guns of all kinds, from all parts of the earth over all periods of time, never existed and would never exist in future. 

I like hunting. I'd kill a deer for a years worth of meat in the freezer. But at some point you have to look at the benefits and the price of human blood and ask, is it worth it? 

A settler in the 1800s might not have gotten eaten by a bear at one point, but too there wouldn't have been rivers of blood spilt in the Revolutionary war. 

Do you think my wish is a good one or would it turn out badly?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: If you could have One wish..
Can I wish for more genies?
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 9, 2017 at 10:51 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Can I wish for more genies?

Lol no. One wish for you! No wishing for things that grant more wishes!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(July 9, 2017 at 10:54 pm)Luckie Wrote:
(July 9, 2017 at 10:51 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Can I wish for more genies?

Lol no. One wish for you! No wishing for things that grant more wishes!

Well, pooo!

Okay, I'd wish for unlimited funding for medical and scientific research, including new technologies to explore space.
That there'd be no more Mondays. Sorry, I'm shallow.
Blush
I don't think the world would be better off, no. I mean who knows how many inventions we have thanks to the idea of guns. Not to mention that we'd probably fuck up with some other invention worse than guns anyway.

My wish--I wish that my whole family including myself were Kryptonian--complete with powers with no Kryptonite to be found anywhere. Terrorism solved. And as a bonus we get fucking awesome powers. And if we hear about a school shooting, we can be in and out in a second.
(July 9, 2017 at 11:25 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: That there'd be no more Mondays. Sorry, I'm shallow.
Blush

That's actually been one of mine:  Fewer Mondays and more Fridays in a week.

Big Grin
I wish Jon Snow loved me.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(July 9, 2017 at 11:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(July 9, 2017 at 11:25 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: That there'd be no more Mondays. Sorry, I'm shallow.
Blush

That's actually been one of mine:  Fewer Mondays and more Fridays in a week.

Big Grin
Shallow ...err wise minds think alike? 
Big Grin  Angel
(July 9, 2017 at 11:40 pm)J a c k Wrote: I wish Jon Snow loved me.

If he ever met you, he totally would.  Heart
If I had only one wish, I'd ask for whatever the fuck it is with the human brain that turns off the reasoning skills and makes it act like an unrepentant willful idiot gets fixed. Everything else would just follow.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2174 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If you can have one superpower... T.J. 26 868 November 7, 2021 at 3:52 am
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 509 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2030 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1518 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Holiday Wish-Lists Athene 0 460 November 11, 2019 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Athene
  If you could have a conversation with anyone.. Cod 42 4892 July 21, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pizzagate(the documentary you wish you'd never seen) particleman 14 1493 July 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 930 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  If you could Cod 20 2204 December 25, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: GUBU