Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin Landau dead at 89
Martin Landau dead at 89
Quote:The actor’s cause of death has not yet been disclosed.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/actor-ma...at-age-89/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Martin Landau dead at 89
Sad
Dying to live, living to die.
Being 89 is a good enough cause of death.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
One of my favorite episodes of Outer Limits (the 1960s B/W) starred Martin Landau with Sally Kellerman and Chita Rivera in The Bolero Shield.

Probably best of we don't dwell on the insipid Space: 1999 . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And now for the performance of his career:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 16, 2017 at 11:32 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And now for the performance of his career:

Never seen the movie, but I saw that it was one of his best works.
~ Erin Hunter
(July 16, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(July 16, 2017 at 11:32 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And now for the performance of his career:

Never seen the movie, but I saw that it was one of his best works.

He did win the Oscar for that very performance. It also helps that this is one of the best movies Tim Burton ever made.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 16, 2017 at 11:35 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: He did win the Oscar for that very performance. It also helps that this is one of the best movies Tim Burton ever made.

I guess I'll have to watch it.
~ Erin Hunter
I liked him.

Wasn't he in mission impossible (originals)....not Phelps, another guy.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I was a big fan of Space: 1999. It was a bit strange and certainly didn't pay much attention to scientific accuracy - especially in Season 1 - but I enjoyed it. I was no fan of Landau or Bain in the series however as I felt both of them were extremely wooden in their performances. To make matters worse, Landau's character was very cold. There wasn't much to like in Commander Koenig. Perhaps that is realistic as his character was responsible for the lives of several hundred people thrown into a desperate situation and he felt he had no luxury to be anything but a no-nonsense, hard-ass commander to give them all their best chance at survival. But he wasn't any fun.

Ironically, the only role I ever saw Landau in where I thought he showed any spark of character was is The Harlem Global Trotters on Gilligan's Island. The same for Barbara Bain. This is considered the nadir in the career of both of them but the only roles I saw either of them in where they looked like more than cardboard cutouts to me.

At heart, Landau was a theater actor. That's where his passion was. I never saw him there so I probably missed him at his best.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7129 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Martin McGuinness will not stand in another election account_inactive 3 807 January 22, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Fuck you, Martin Shkreli The Valkyrie 5 1350 November 30, 2016 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie