Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science proved God.
Science proved God.

1-Who said God is outside time ? Some crazy believers5 like me; probably. But hey; science just proved the multi-verse.
2-In the Quran; the Jinn are mentioned. They are mysterious beings that we can't be seen by us; they also visited space and used to pick listening outposts -Literally mentioned in the Quran=.

Quote:Sura 72, Page 572, The Quran:
( 9 )   And we used to sit therein in positions for hearing, but whoever listens now will find a burning flame lying in wait for him.

3-Aliens (do exist) in the popular scientific mind today. Laughing about it is so old fashioned, and ignorant. I personally think we even have some here on earth. We don't have to see anymore; multi-verse; anyone?
4-I believe in God. The universe is just too beautiful to be a product of a random event. Nirvana and Genesis are more like a unified thing that got split by Satan and wicked ignorant humans (like terrorists): God is in constant Nirvana, while we dwell in a Genesis scenario. The genesis is encapsulated inside the nirvana.
That is equal to saying that God is eternal; while we're not.
RE: Science proved God.
Which god? I bet you wouldn't be happy, as a Muslim, if they proved Kamadhenu.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Dream on !
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 19, 2017 at 7:32 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Which god? I bet you wouldn't be happy, as a Muslim, if they proved Kamadhenu.

That is a cow-Goddess !

I do believe that humanity did know God in the past; but as the years went by they did the exact same thing Muslims themselves did: cut their religion into sects, and invested in chopping the heads of each others.

I think he won't even be discovered or seen in this life. It's not a matter of that; our history is already written.

(July 19, 2017 at 7:44 am)chimp3 Wrote: Dream on !

One hell of a dream; if you ask me.
I think your faith is lacking Atlas. Why would you need us to believe in your god?
Atlas, put that silly old book down! Your brain has turned to mush!

(who remembers The Paper Chase with John Houseman! The guy's my hero )
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I think this act of desperation has cause the real Atlas to lose who he is. I liked the old you better. The non-judgy Atlas.

This new guy? Not so much.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Well in any case, AtlasS33, this sounds like god of agnosticism and not, let's say, Jesus who is supposedly constantly interfering with moving mountains for those with strong enoug fate and protecting people from drinking poison and healing little babies with bone cancer and so on.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
"I believe..."

I don't care.

"I think..."

No, you don't.
(July 19, 2017 at 7:56 am)LastPoet Wrote: I think your faith is lacking Atlas. Why would you need us to believe in your god?

I don't need anybody to do a thing; mostly I open my heart as a bombardment arena. In other words; I test my own beliefs against the fine counter-arguments that will sure be brought up.

ignoramus

Intelligent stuff. Didn't see the film, but saw some quotes that made me think like "hey; that's pretty smart".. Despite my allergy to law schools since  I watched few episodes of "Ally Mcbeal" when I was very young. I hated it.

My brain didn't turn to mush yet; I assure you ! I might have some damaged nerves because of M.S, but remember: that affects the functions of the body, like vision (optic nerves); but think of your body as an old PC that needs a turn off (rest) every now on then. cool down a little. Then you're -I mean I'm- good to go!
Until I want to rest up again ><. But it never affects the thinking. Believe me.

Nymphadora

It's not an act of desperation at all. Usually I spend lots of times watching youtube videos; if I like the topic then bam: here you go.
Believe me; I don't judge. I can be in anybody's shoes; literally. The worst enemy for you is pride; just have that and the next fall will hurt like it was off an airplane.

See the face of the teenage that goes into a fight thinking he'll kick ass; and he instead get beaten and kicked in front of his friends or crush. Not judging on the other hand is better: you just remain silent and just be thankful.

Ask yourself: why the hell am I writing this after all? aside from testing what I hear?

Fake Messiah

Jesus is another greek God according to what many Christians say; the mistake begins with associating human traits like birth to God; converting him into a "personal God". Once you step in that direction; God is nothing but a dress you can tailor to fit you; a picture you can draw in the glass of your Church.

It fits the political world better: imagine having a drug like that. You can wage wars in the name of that personal deity, bless kings and steel the money of the poor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 118490 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19144 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Science Proves God Pahu 60 21244 August 3, 2012 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: All Knowing Hippie
  Deny Science and you Don't get to Use Science Eilonnwy 21 14174 February 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  God and Science frankiej 15 4075 September 22, 2011 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  A response to Arcanus' post: If Science, why God? tavarish 10 6916 May 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Tiberius