Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God and Science
God and Science
So, as I was browsing the internet today I stumbled upon this little gem Wink

I don't know if any of you have seen this website before. If you have I apologise...

http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/o...lants.html

This page is a remarkable one... A lot of this site is hilarious!
Cunt
RE: God and Science
(September 20, 2011 at 10:44 am)frankiej Wrote: So, as I was browsing the internet today I stumbled upon this little gem Wink

I don't know if any of you have seen this website before. If you have I apologise...

http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/o...lants.html

This page is a remarkable one... A lot of this site is hilarious!

That, my friends, is what you call "grasping at straws"
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
It has some really funny pages... But some almost cringe worthy ones aswell.
Cunt
You had to stumble upon that? It's been offered up by one of our resident apologists. Undecided
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I guess I missed the part where their fucking god did anything at all.
(September 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I guess I missed the part where their fucking god did anything at all.

IMO, they're both wrong. Bible thumpers, followers of a science that is forever changing with different theories.

The story of Genesis is VERY metaphorical. Only Christian denominations that take the bible literally in this passage, and others who take this passage literally will not find many so called scientific correlations.

For example, many probably might think that "God" is a man , because the bible clearly states that "man was created in God's image". Little do they know the nature of the universe or God
(September 20, 2011 at 3:55 pm)TheouLive Wrote:
(September 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I guess I missed the part where their fucking god did anything at all.

IMO, they're both wrong. Bible thumpers, followers of a science that is forever changing with different theories.

But of course, you are Huh right.

Quote:But of course, you are Huh right.

I merely believe that a majority of humanity isn't wise enough to understand spirituality as reiterated through religion, nor is it wise enough to fully understand "science" yet.

Just as it was in the 1600's humanity thought the world was flat and the inquisition was a worthy cause. The only difference is that humanity has made some progress in understanding both science and religion, but neither have been completely developed.

So you see? Sometimes I just think both sides are mad at their current inability to fully understand their belief's so they seek to criticize the other.

A wise man once said:

Can't we all just get along? Lol
(September 20, 2011 at 5:04 pm)TheouLive Wrote:
Quote:But of course, you are Huh right.

I merely believe that a majority of humanity isn't wise enough to understand spirituality as reiterated through religion, nor is it wise enough to fully understand "science" yet.

Pretty elitist, mate. You'll make a lot of friends with that attitude. Not.

Don't you get it? Whatever you think of 'what the majority of humanity' is capable of thinking is totally irrelevant. You'll have to deal with the situation as is, however dumb or wise you think it is, because there is no other.
Quote:I merely believe that a majority of humanity isn't wise enough to understand spirituality

The majority of humanity can't understand shit. Which does not mean that you have a clue, either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 124361 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6677 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite causal code 497 104860 October 25, 2017 at 8:04 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite causal code 0 453 September 13, 2017 at 1:48 am
Last Post: causal code
  Science proved God. WinterHold 30 8187 July 24, 2017 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Disproving gods with history and science dyresand 10 3191 June 30, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  No conflict between faith and science, eh? The Reality Salesman01 37 10251 May 22, 2015 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Bridging the Divide Between Science and Religion Mudhammam 3 1833 November 11, 2014 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19413 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Science, faith, and theists Natachan 65 14435 September 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite