Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has God ever wondered where he came from?
Has God ever wondered where he came from?
God is sentient, right?.... He wouldn't be able to judge us if he wasn't.
If he is sentient, then he must have thoughts.

He's had an eternity to ponder the meaning of his own existence.
We distract ourselves daily so we won't have to face the same question [why are we here?]
God distracts himself also by creating other life ...
God, himself cannot know how he got here. God didn't create himself from nothing, right.

This tells me that God cannot be Omni everything. This is another logical flaw in the God fairy tale.
I'm not blaming anybody, Ancient Middle Eastern goat herders weren't exactly known for their critical thinking/logic skills.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Has God ever wondered where he came from?
 I reckon the writer of this part of the Rig Veda had the same thoughts

“Who knows for certain?
Who shall here declare it?
Whence was it born, whence came creation?
The gods are later than
this world's formation;
Who then can know the origins of the world?
None knows whence creation arose;
And whether he has or has not made it;
He who surveys it from the lofty skies.
Only he knows-
or perhaps he knows not.” 
― Anonymous
Obvious conclusion, god was created in man's image by man.

How disappointing it must be for him. Wonder if he can request emancipation?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That is the biggest flaw in the god idea, if a god made the universe, who made the god, then who made that thing... and so on for ever...
Also, if god made the universe (that is everything that exists) where was he before he made it? (in heaven is no answer because heaven must be part of everything that exists"
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Quote:He's had an eternity to ponder the meaning of his own existence.

This bit is the flaw.  God - according to the rules - doesn't need to 'ponder' anything at all.  There's no logical reason why God wouldn't be able to understand that he has always existed, so he would have nothing to 'wonder' about.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
According to the rules, God created us 6000 years ago.
What was he doing the rest of the time?

He's such a procrastinator! Another flaw in our lazy God.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
if God had persisted for an 'infinite' amount of time prior to creating the universe, he would have had plenty of time to contemplate all possible universes and all possible permutations of all those universes.

Odd then, in the extreme, He shat out this one.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I watched a TED doco about the all possible universes hypothesis.
The guy suggested in jest that ours is a messy one like most in the bell curve.

This will also mean that our respective overseer (God) will also manifest in the same way if he is to interact with this universe. So basically God is in theory, omni everything, but in practice, it works only 50% of the time. Lol!
Makes sense.

Not!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What candy came out the year you were born? Foxaèr 23 1706 October 21, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  She came back for your cable...... Brian37 11 1274 August 16, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You know what I've always wondered? Clueless Morgan 98 12203 October 24, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  So my redneck friend came to visit on Friday. Brian37 9 2343 June 5, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Well, the pope came to Portugal LastPoet 15 2629 May 16, 2017 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ever wondered what a 40 gigapixel photo looks like? Napoléon 10 1958 September 16, 2015 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Have you ever been marked to be a god? rado84 22 2514 July 21, 2015 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  If paper money was banned & silver & gold came back, what would happen? H2O 50 8659 March 7, 2015 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: H2O
  Does anyone know if Amy Poehler has a religion or believes in God? poehlerfan 22 5779 March 5, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: c172
  So... I just came home from work to find this note my girlfriend left for me... Mudhammam 22 7543 October 1, 2014 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie