Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawkins banned from Berkerley's KPFA Radio over "abusive" speech against Islam
Dawkins banned from Berkerley's KPFA Radio over "abusive" speech against Islam
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/j...inst-islam

In case you're thinking I'm exaggerating.

Fucking idiots the lot of them in that radio station, and it probably was somebody like Anjam Choudhary who complained in the first place.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: Dawkins banned from Berkerley's KPFA Radio over "abusive" speech against Islam
ahhh diddumms, the big bad atheist think's religion is shit and harmful.

Allah uk Akbbah,

gods and their slaves are so puny.

shame, they may have learnt something.
RE: Dawkins banned from Berkerley's KPFA Radio over "abusive" speech against Islam
What has the world come to where someone cannot state anything bad about anyone anymore?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Guess I better not make any plans to go to Berkeley as I have nothing good to say about those 7th century thinking, towel-headed barbarian fuckwits.

Keep telling the fucks off, professor.  They desperately need to hear it.
(July 24, 2017 at 3:19 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: What has the world come to where someone cannot state anything bad about anyone anymore?

I love my well intended liberal friends, but shit like this pisses me off. Liberals who pull this shit don't seem to understand once you start pulling the PC bullshit, the far right will do it too, "If I cant say anything bad about your sect then you cant say anything bad about my sect." AND IN FLORIDA that is already happening. Gov Rick Snot has now passed a law that basically allows public employees such as teachers to be sued if they correct a YEC because to them it is seen as religious discrimination. 

Berkeley does not understand what people like Dawkins or Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Bill Mahar are doing. And the far left is playing right into the hands of the far right, too stupid to see that the balance of government power at this point in history is closer to the hands of the far right.
The answer is more speech, not less.

(July 24, 2017 at 4:05 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The answer is more speech, not less.

Remember that next time an employer ever tells you to clam it.
~ Erin Hunter
(July 24, 2017 at 4:10 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(July 24, 2017 at 4:05 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The answer is more speech, not less.

Remember that next time an employer ever tells you to clam it.

Um no not all the time. One is the issue of government, the other is the issue of private business. Now while I don't think asshole companies like Hobby Lobby or Dick Suck A should have gotten the attention from the courts they did, a private business certainly has the right to limit your speech on the job to talking about work. It only becomes discrimination on a bosses part if they allow non work related talk for some, like on politics or religion, but don't allow everyone the same. 

I've gotten fired a couple of times for telling a boss to fuck off, but by that time I didn't want to work there anymore anyway and none of it was religious or politics related so I felt good. I kept my dignity.
(July 24, 2017 at 4:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Um no not all the time. One is the issue of government, the other is the issue of private business. Now while I don't think asshole companies like Hobby Lobby or Dick Suck A should have gotten the attention from the courts they did, a private business certainly has the right to limit your speech on the job to talking about work. It only becomes discrimination on a bosses part if they allow non work related talk for some, like on politics or religion, but don't allow everyone the same. 

I've gotten fired a couple of times for telling a boss to fuck off, but by that time I didn't want to work there anymore anyway and none of it was religious or politics related so I felt good. I kept my dignity.

I was making a reference more toward an employer informing an employee to clam it in reference to customers, but once again I should have been more specific.
~ Erin Hunter

Again, yes and no. You cant sell beer to kids and you cant yell fire in a theater. But in principle I would rather let a KKK fuckface bigot spew his garbage than to have them use the "If I cant, you cant either" mentality. Not a good idea for government to decide in blanket terms what is or is not offensive. In that context, I agree.

Calling for violence or acting out in violence is not protected speech. It would be no different if you were calling for violence on your neighbor or acting out in violence on your neighbor for playing their music too loud. But blasphemy and ridicule and satire most certainly should be protected speech.

(July 24, 2017 at 4:22 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(July 24, 2017 at 4:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Um no not all the time. One is the issue of government, the other is the issue of private business. Now while I don't think asshole companies like Hobby Lobby or Dick Suck A should have gotten the attention from the courts they did, a private business certainly has the right to limit your speech on the job to talking about work. It only becomes discrimination on a bosses part if they allow non work related talk for some, like on politics or religion, but don't allow everyone the same. 

I was making a reference more toward an employer informing an employee to clam it in reference to customers, but once again I should have been more specific.

Actually especially with customers. And again, even outside the issue of politics or religion. If you own a business, you really don't want your employees bitching about you or other employees to the customers on the job. Now I am not talking about honest whistle blowing about bad environments. I am merely talking about someone having a personality beef with the boss or another employee. 

The best mom and pop shop family I worked for had very simple rules. They didn't care if we talked religion or politics no matter our position, nor did they mind the bitching about each other in the back or off the clock, as long as you didn't do those things in front of the customers and as long as it didn't interfere with your ability to do your job.

We had our fights in the back, mostly over stress of high volume, but to them, tomorrow was another day and you don't stay angry. Best bosses I ever had, even though I didn't realize it at the time. Think of the sitcom Night Court, but real and at a pancake joint. Chaos but it really was an army of unified oddballs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7844 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 987 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Obama quoted Muhammad from speech endorsing caliphate and beheading mralstoner 8 3138 February 14, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Tomi Lahren on David Cameron's speech mralstoner 16 5274 August 2, 2015 at 4:40 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Should Islam be banned? Lemonvariable72 69 15073 July 21, 2015 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5466 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Freedom of speech anyone? TubbyTubby 23 5007 March 7, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Double standards on freedom of speech Mystic 56 6280 January 9, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Marine banned from daughter’s school over Islam homework mralstoner 24 6036 November 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  Noah movie already banned in Islam professor 32 9210 April 9, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Confused Ape