Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Piece Of My Childhood Passes Away
A Piece Of My Childhood Passes Away
June Foray, the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Natasha Fatal, died at the age of 99.

RE: A Piece Of My Childhood Passes Away
She was also Granny from Sylvester and Tweety Bird fame. Nel from Dudley DoRight.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Maybe Dr Peabody would use the way back machine to go back to a time when Rocky still flew?
That sucks. i never got that much into Rocky And Bullwinkle but I do a pretty good Bullwinkle.

I look at all the cartoons I wasn't into as a kid, like this and Scooby Doo, and they taught skepticism. Looking back at it now, as well intended as Bullwinkle was, Rocky was the one that saved his ass most of the time and it was because he was skeptical.

Outside this I do like squirrels. I love the way they pose either on the side of a tree, or pause on the ground and their tails can bend like a question mark.

My favorite line was "Hey Rocky? Wanna see me pull a rabbit out of my hat?"
(July 27, 2017 at 8:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: That sucks. i never got that much into Rocky And Bullwinkle but I do a pretty good Bullwinkle.

I look at all the cartoons I wasn't into as a kid, like this and Scooby Doo, and they taught skepticism. Looking back at it now, as well intended as Bullwinkle was, Rocky was the one that saved his ass most of the time and it was because he was skeptical.

Outside this I do like squirrels. I love the way they pose either on the side of a tree, or pause on the ground and their tails can bend like a question mark.

My favorite line was "Hey Rocky? Wanna see me pull a rabbit out of my hat?"

Squirrels are skeptical but what I see of roadkilled squirrels is most die from indecision.

And an inability to fly.
That's where I learned to like punny stuff.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Whenever I use too much force (as in breaking off a bolt or something) I say "Pull a rabbit out of a hat! Doesn't know my own strength!"

And since nobody brought it up, she also did some work with Stan Freberg, and this episode of the Stan Freberg Show includes two of my favourite bits with her:

And in case you don't want to wait for them, the skits in question start around 8:00 and 16:10. The second one is one that particularly resonates with me since my family has a phone number that's a single digit away from a local bakery and we occasionally get calls ordering bread from there.

It's a shame she didn't hang on a few more months and reach 100.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 27, 2017 at 7:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: June Foray, the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Natasha Fatal, died at the age of 99.

NO! Consoling
  We've lost many of the good ones, time can be cruel.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1620 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Couldn't stay away. Foxaèr 2 282 January 31, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  7 little things that completely give us away Foxaèr 9 1139 November 4, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  My Uncle Bobby Passed Away this Weekend Rhondazvous 21 1100 July 11, 2018 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Do you know why the end of the month is still too far away? Foxaèr 15 2416 April 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Fav toys/games from your childhood vorlon13 29 4898 June 30, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Now do you understand why I said STAY AWAY! brewer 12 1548 June 15, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: brewer
  GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season Whateverist 29 4460 December 13, 2015 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  My psycho mom that likes to spy on me just took away my TV without ANY warning! andrea2687 15 2631 October 21, 2014 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  My psycho mom just took away my purse with all my belongings without ANY warning! jashleygirl 65 11990 August 5, 2014 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Violet