Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible world
Invisible world
This probably the simplest thing I ever noticed in the non-religious mind.

You don't believer what you don't see.
But science proved that there are forces and even matter, that is invisible to us.

Some sounds cannot be heard.

So God might be looking at you in the face without you even knowing it.
If invisible things exist, and they are usually invisible for quite good reasons like high frequencies, distance, etc. How is the idea of God strange?

Prophets are the people who communicated with God. Maybe they saw what me and you never saw.
RE: Invisible world
We've been through this countless times on this forum.

The effects of wind, an invisible force, can be seen through its effect on that which is visible.

The effects of god, an imaginary force, cannot be seen through any effect except something known as delusion.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That's a really dumb statement. Your notions of natural philosophy are very primitive. Most good atheist thinkers have a much more sophisticated perspective than you.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

This is a common misrepresentation. Nobody ever says that it's about vision. I base my beliefs around what can be demonstrated, which can include any variety of tests that go beyond my own senses. You mentioned the things that science has proven. That's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Nobody has ever been able to demonstrate a convincing level of evidence for any god in the same way that science has revealed forces like gravity.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(July 29, 2017 at 5:28 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: This probably the simplest thing I ever noticed in the non-religious mind.

But science proved that there are forces and even matter, that is invisible to us.

If invisible things exist, and they are usually invisible for quite good reasons like high frequencies, distance, etc. How is the idea of God strange?

Prophets are the people who communicated with God. Maybe they saw what me and you never saw.

Garbage.  I can't see oxygen.  I've never been to the bottom of the pacific trench.  No one will ever give me a ticket to ride to orbit.  My eyes are incapable of piercing the molecular veil I depend on very day to pay my bills.....and yet....

Atlas, there is no god. Just some ghost stories a bunch of backwards primitives thought up to justify their very, very obvious biases.  The "prophets" are people who found a way to monetize your childish credulity.

You really need to think about this shit before you post it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
One of these things is not like the other things. The reason we know about forces, inaudible sounds etc is that they can be detected. They have measurable effects. "God" isn't merely invisible; it's undetectable in every way. And for good reason:

[Image: 4236914_orig.jpg]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote: So God might be looking at you in the face without you even knowing it.

Then I'll turn around and moon the fucker.
(July 29, 2017 at 5:28 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: This probably the simplest thing I ever noticed in the non-religious mind.

Scientists wont deny that, but how does that prove Allah over Yahweh over Buddha over Jesus over Vishnu?

It is a myth that science cannot detect the unseen. Scientific method has through QM given us a damned good idea what goes on in the center of a black hole even if we cant take a car or even a spaceship into the center of one.

Sorry but this is the same argument we get from Christians, " You cant see air but you know it exists".

A layperson certainly cannot see the atoms that make up our atmosphere. But we do see the effects wind has when blowing on trees and leaves. 

We know black holes exist because of the effect of what they do to the material they suck into it.

You really need to read, "The New Atheism" by Victor Stenger to understand why this position you hold is false. But to be fair, most believers of all religions fall for what you just tried to argue.

The reason humans cannot hear certain sounds is the same reason other life can. EVOLUTION.

It is also why bats use echo location and we don't. It is why cats can see better at night and we cant. It is why an  Eagle has better eyesight than humans. EVOLUTION. 

It is why cockroaches and bacteria are faster breeders than humans and outnumber humans.

Our developed brains DO NOT make us an apex as a species. It just means we have different attributes as a species.

So FSM might be looking at you in the face without you even knowing it.
If invisible things exist, and they are usually invisible for quite good reasons like high frequencies, distance, etc. How is the idea of FSM strange?

Prophets are the people who communicated with FSM. Maybe they saw what me and you never saw.

I am in total agreement. FSM Grin
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(July 29, 2017 at 5:28 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: So God might be looking at you in the face without you even knowing it.

Or it might not. The two possibilities look exactly the same. How might we set about determining which is true?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence that the Invisible Pink Unicorn (BBHH) exists Rhizomorph13 20 9145 September 5, 2009 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana