Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold On To Your Asses For "Dynamic Scoring"
Hold On To Your Asses For "Dynamic Scoring"
Paul Ryan's latest magic act for his tax cut plan.

https://www.taxjustice.net/2015/01/08/dy...ight-hand/

Quote:n the words of Bruce Bartlett, an economist in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administration:
Quote:“Republicans want to use dynamic scoring only for tax cuts. . . They refuse to acknowledge that spending, such as public works spending, also has dynamic effects. They should either do it for spending and taxes or not at all.”
In short, dynamic scoring is an out-and-out nonsense, and a crowbar for the worst kind of economic tomfoolery.
Will any of this cold shower stop the shills, lobbyists and tax-cutting politicians?
Of course not! You just select the radical model you want, feed in just the right assumptions, plug it into your dynamic scoring machine, and Hey Presto! A tax-cutting balanced budget!

Real world examples exist.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/...ic-scoring

Quote:Kansas Legislators offer a warning to Trump administration about dynamic scoring

Do not expect the WLB and his gang of scumbags to give a flying fuck what harm they do.
RE: Hold On To Your Asses For "Dynamic Scoring"
I prefer dynamic tension. Especially when referencing asses.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 1, 2017 at 1:14 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I prefer dynamic tension. Especially when referencing asses.

A pair of juxtaposed fleshy hemispheres oscillating rhythmically in a uniform gravitational field, yes?

[quote pid='1595564' dateline='1501617072']
hosed the quote, somehow...
[/quote]
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 1, 2017 at 3:51 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(August 1, 2017 at 1:14 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I prefer dynamic tension. Especially when referencing asses.

A pair of juxtaposed fleshy hemispheres oscillating rhythmically in a uniform gravitational field, yes?

DT always makes me think of this:

(August 1, 2017 at 5:24 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(August 1, 2017 at 3:51 pm)Fireball Wrote: A pair of juxtaposed fleshy hemispheres oscillating rhythmically in a uniform gravitational field, yes?

DT always makes me think of this:

[/quote]
Huh  Dafuq did I just watch?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The republicunt budget process?
Were you not alive during the 70's?

If Dems came up with snappy, easy-to-remember (bonus points for rhyming or alliteration) meaningless horse shit catch phrases like the Republicans do -
"dynamic scoring"
"repeal and replace"
"mainstream media"
"job creators"
"fiscal cliff"

- I swear they'd win a lot more elections.

-Teresa
Dem voters tend to be much smarter than the redneck fucktards.  You can't get away with catchy slogans that don't mean shit.
(August 1, 2017 at 8:17 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Were you not alive during the 70's?

Yabut, I didn't have a TV (by choice) and was working for a living. "Rocky Horror Picture Show", I might have seen, but this doesn't look what I recall it to be like. Didn't watch many movies, either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The WLB Effect Is Starting To Take Hold Minimalist 0 594 July 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Republicunts Will Hold A Vote on Wedon'tCare Minimalist 28 5084 May 5, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Time for The WLB To Hold Another Rally, I Guess Minimalist 4 1470 April 30, 2017 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump put call with Putin on hold to ask his aides to explain our nuclear arms treaty Aegon 43 6855 February 14, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Kick Their Asses, Harry. Minimalist 0 577 April 8, 2016 at 8:24 pm
  NZ to hold flag referendum in '16 c172 4 960 March 24, 2016 at 6:47 am
Last Post: c172
  Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting For This Minimalist 2 707 December 9, 2014 at 3:55 pm
  The New York Choke Hold Case Heywood 95 11988 December 7, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus