Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New York Choke Hold Case
The New York Choke Hold Case
Grand Jury decides not to indict the cop that used a choke hold that resulted in the death of Eric Gardner.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justice/ne...?hpt=hp_t1

To me this seems like negligent homicide. Do they not have laws criminalizing negligent homicide in New York State?
RE: The New York Choke Hold Case
(December 3, 2014 at 8:36 pm)Heywood Wrote: Grand Jury decides not to indict the cop that used a choke hold that resulted in the death of Eric Gardner.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justice/ne...?hpt=hp_t1

To me this seems like negligent homicide. Do they not have laws criminalizing negligent homicide in New York State?

We agree on something.

Especially since the coroner called it a homicide.
Dying to live, living to die.
Not if you're wearing blue, Woodie. What the hell do you think the problem is here? You go try it and see what happens to your ass.
We'll just file that under yet another case where a cop kills someone, and isn't punished for it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

So, this is a homicide- an unlawful killing of one person by another. If the cop isn't charged, who committed the homicide? Did the man just spontaneously murdered?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Don't know, but NYPD forbids the use of choke holds for very good reason. I don't know much about the background of this story, but on the surface it sounds like the suspect wasn't resisting (any more than anyone deprived of oxygen would). I'll note that it appears pretty hard to get an indictment of a cop for an on-duty incident - even when department policy is violated and someone dies as a result.
It seems they will now have to rule it a "suicide."
(December 3, 2014 at 8:42 pm)Exian Wrote: So, this is a homicide- an unlawful killing of one person by another. If the cop isn't charged, who committed the homicide? Did the man just spontaneously murdered?

Homicide doesn't imply unlawful. Justified self-defense deaths are also ruled homicide. It's not up to the coroner to determine whether the law was violated, only the manner of death.
That does flow better than "spontaneously murdered". It'll make them sound less silly.

There's just so much backwardness with this. I can hear the cop cheering "You heard the man. I wasn't found guilty of suiciding that guy."
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I don't understand the jury's decision. Unlike the Ferguson case, this was a really easy indictment, IMO...

Was the jury instructed to let it go to the federal level, maybe?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3574 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Hold On To Your Asses For "Dynamic Scoring" Minimalist 13 1301 August 2, 2017 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  The WLB Effect Is Starting To Take Hold Minimalist 0 595 July 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Republicunts Will Hold A Vote on Wedon'tCare Minimalist 28 5084 May 5, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Time for The WLB To Hold Another Rally, I Guess Minimalist 4 1470 April 30, 2017 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New York Times, CNN, others barred from press briefing Aegon 93 13845 February 27, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Trump put call with Putin on hold to ask his aides to explain our nuclear arms treaty Aegon 43 6855 February 14, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: GUBU
  RE: The positive case for voting Donald Trump for president. Minimalist 200 20826 November 8, 2016 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The positive case for voting Hillary Clinton for president. Whateverist 113 13950 November 7, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Actual case of voter fraud Doubting Thomas 10 1555 October 31, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic