Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NZ to hold flag referendum in '16
NZ to hold flag referendum in '16
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29812549

Quote:New Zealand is to hold a binding referendum in 2016 on whether to change the national flag.

The announcement by Prime Minister John Key of the referendum came after his government last month won a third term in a general election.

A panel of "respected New Zealanders" will lead the public discussion on potential designs for a new flag.

Mr Key has previously said he would like to see a new flag featuring a silver fern, on a black background.

That would be similar to the banner already used by many New Zealand teams such as the All Blacks national rugby union team.

"I believe that this is the right time for New Zealanders to consider changing the [flag's] design to one that better reflects our status as a modern, independent nation," Mr Key said.

I like it just fine, but I also like Australia's, and they look very much the same to this American eye.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: NZ to hold flag referendum in '16
How about something subtly Masonic ??
It would look more badass if they changed it.
Dead baby on a pole
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the-flag...ary-result
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 9409 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I posed a question for these flag loving Trumpsters and they did not like it NuclearEnergy 23 5511 September 29, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Hold On To Your Asses For "Dynamic Scoring" Minimalist 13 1275 August 2, 2017 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  The WLB Effect Is Starting To Take Hold Minimalist 0 582 July 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I don't understand; why do people defend things such as the confederate flag NuclearEnergy 80 27853 May 18, 2017 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Republicunts Will Hold A Vote on Wedon'tCare Minimalist 28 5050 May 5, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Time for The WLB To Hold Another Rally, I Guess Minimalist 4 1447 April 30, 2017 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump put call with Putin on hold to ask his aides to explain our nuclear arms treaty Aegon 43 6649 February 14, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: GUBU
  How are you voting in the EU referendum? Ashground 335 33026 June 25, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4199 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius