Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mueller's Getting Serious
Mueller's Getting Serious
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/mueller-...secutions/

Quote:Mueller impanels grand jury in Russia probe — suggesting he is seeking ‘large-scale series of prosecutions’

Quote:Special counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury to in investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, the reports.

The report signals that Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Donald Trump’s campaign has reached a new threshold.
RE: Mueller's Getting Serious
Cool! Can you explain to a you're a peein what that is and means? My Government class didn't cover it...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 3, 2017 at 5:41 pm)Alex K Wrote: Cool! Can you explain to a you're a peein what that is and means? My Government class didn't cover it...

In a nutshell, Mueller and his team will present their evidence to an impaneled jury, who will decide if the evidence is sufficient to warrant indictments to be handed down. In a grand jury, only the prospective prosecuting party presents evidence, not the "defense", since at this point there is no formal criminal charge against which the parties in question would be defending themselves. If I'm not mistaken, the bar for what is considered 'sufficient to indict' is much lower than what would be required in a criminal prosecution.
And who is on this Jury?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The Grand Jury is also an investigative tool. They can ask the Jury for subpoenas to delve further. The opinion on NPR was that this is a widening of the investigation. If this was still contained to the Flynn investigation then they would be using the Grand Jury set up for that purpose.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Lucy, you have some splannen to do! AWESOME, I am going to enjoy watching 45 squirm along with his cronies and his family.
And now Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t...SKBN1AJ1SW

Quote:Exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in relation to Trump Jr., Russian lawyer meeting - sources

Quote:Grand jury subpoenas have been issued in connection with a June 2016 meeting that included President Donald Trump's son, his son-in-law and a Russian lawyer, two sources told Reuters on Thursday, in a sign that special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation is gathering pace.

The sources added that Mueller had convened a grand jury in Washington to help investigate allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

LOCK THEM UP!  LOCK THEM UP!  LOCK THEM UP!
Bloomberg is also reporting it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...-impaneled
(August 3, 2017 at 6:12 pm)Alex K Wrote: And who is on this Jury?

It is composed of citizens. The only qualification that I'm aware of is that they must be registered to vote.

(August 3, 2017 at 7:40 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(August 3, 2017 at 6:12 pm)Alex K Wrote: And who is on this Jury?

It is composed of citizens. The only qualification that I'm aware of is that they must be registered to vote.

Yea but just watch, 45 is such an egotist, it should not surprise anyone if he tries to use his office to fuck with even a jury or anyone involved in the process. One judge, one prosecutor, one jury member. 45 to me smacks more of a mafia Don the way he talks shit. Nothing he could possibly get caught red handed doing would surprise me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shatner getting a divorce from 4th wife Fake Messiah 21 900 December 17, 2019 at 3:36 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 1984 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  For Robert Mueller This Is Like [REDACTED] a 4 Year Old Minimalist 2 781 December 6, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Serious NEWS food warning..... Brian37 26 1816 November 22, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Dear Orange Fuckface-Your Act Is Getting Old Minimalist 0 236 August 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Good, Mueller. Now Work Your Way Up The Food Chain! Minimalist 7 756 June 15, 2018 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Somewhere in Israel a Jewish Mueller, KUDOS Brian37 0 245 March 5, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Mueller With Another Indictment of a Lying Lawyer Minimalist 14 2209 February 22, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Mueller Nails Another Minimalist 8 848 February 19, 2018 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Xtians are getting their feathers ruffled by Orville Cyberman 31 3174 October 29, 2017 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Javaman