Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elder James Hamula released, excommunicated from LDS Church
Elder James Hamula released, excommunicated from LDS Church
http://www.ldsliving.com/LDS-Church-Lead...la/s/86071

A new update from our Church leaders. The Church did confirm this action was not carried out due to disillusionment or apostasy.
The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the LDS Church excommunicated a member of the Quorum of the Seventy on Monday.
Elder James J. Hamula had been a General Authority and member of the Seventy for nine years, since his call in April 2008.
"This morning, James J. Hamula was released as a General Authority Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, following Church disciplinary action by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles," said Eric Hawkins, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Elder James Hamula released, excommunicated from LDS Church
That's very inside baseball to me. Can you give some context?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If it wasn't "disillusionment or apostasy" my money is on he was chasing the little kids around with his dick out.

That seems to be a common failing of these religitard fuckers.
(August 8, 2017 at 6:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If it wasn't "disillusionment or apostasy" my money is on he was chasing the little kids around with his dick out.

That seems to be a common failing of these religitard fuckers.

well . . . . 

If running around with his dick out while chasing children is NOT apostasy, then WTF !!!!!

Panic

Of course, if the standard and usual level of Mormon befuddlement is in play during administrative actions (LOL, like that doesn't happen HERE) it's possible he has been sacked due to an administrative or clerical fuck up.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

With the catholicks it seems to be a sacrament!
(August 8, 2017 at 8:02 pm)Minimalist Wrote: With the catholicks it seems to be a sacrament!

I seriously think the Catholics need to explore consecrating Priest/child relationships.  1500 years worth of not solving the problem suggest the issue is inherent to the faith and God ordained, or at least it is being viewed that way by enough church hierarchy for 15 centuries as to be something they will never be rid of because they don't want to be.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think they are already there.

[Image: luckovich0225c.gif]
I'm so happy I could just shit my pants !!

I can see Min's cartoon there without having to click on it !!!

PRAISE JESUS !!!!

I wonder if Hamula will become a god with his own planet and harem in the afterlife now that he's been excommunicated? Maybe he should sue for wrongful termination in order to retain his benefit package.
I'll be damned if I know how Mormons can excommunicate for apostasy. Jesus fucking Christ, how can they tell ?? And since literally day one, all but the most recent of their revelations, direct from God (!!!!), have all been received with errors, both gross and subtle, necessitating they all be revised, usually more than once.

Hell, just the Mormon take on marriage has been REMARKABLY changeable over the generations, originally one man one woman, then one man first woman Caucasian all subsequent Native American, then one man and first woman Caucasian and all subsequent wives Causcasian, then that one again EXCEPT it's SECRET this time and YOU CAN'T TELL ANYBODY, and then they are back to one man one (Caucasian) woman and you can be excommunicated if you're still doing any of the ones with more than one wife allowed, and then they keep that one and allow for marriage of a man to subsequent (Caucasian) women IN THE AFTERLIFE, then at some point they keep that version, and then allow Caucasians and non Caucasians to intermarry.

Probably will never be able to pin this part down, but in the early days of one man/multiple wives, they may have allowed some of the resulting surplus men to marry each other. This is one item I just have never seen verified. If allowing some men to marry each other would have freed up their wives for other men to have as subsequent wives*, I can see it happening, but even with the Mormons penchant for keeping records of all kinds of amazing things, this one remains unverified.

Mormon views on divorce have been 'fluid' too. Formal divorces were done, but to further expediency, at least at a certain level and above, abandonment of an 'inconvenient' wife was possible. Brigham Young, for instance, left 2 behind in Council Bluffs, Iowa, when he left for Utah. Yes, I would dearly love to know their names, what happened to them and what the current church leaders might say about their status.

Note: in the earlier days of multiple wives, the Mormon church was very vocal about following Old Testament strictures on the practice to the letter. Of course, by now, you must realize that Mormon church vocalizations about a practice don't have to reflect the churches actual rules about a practice, and of course, just because the Old Testament prohibits a man from marrying 2 sisters, or a mother and daughter, that didn't stop the Mormon church from consecrating such relationships.

*Church leaders at a certain level and higher were able to dissolve marriages between lower ranked couples if the wife was deemed desirable or suitable as a subsequent wife.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1227 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Did Shakespeare Contribute to the King James Bible? Rhondazvous 12 5594 June 25, 2017 at 6:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4151 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do you think Epistle of James was written by "James Brother of Jesus" Rolandson 13 2163 December 31, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  LDS Racial Discourse vorlon13 9 1490 July 18, 2016 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Did "james son of zebedee" ever meet Paul the Apostle? Coreni 6 4413 June 25, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Metis
  Throwing in the towel consequences for LDS ?? vorlon13 39 6274 May 13, 2015 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Death row inmate "finds Christ" and might be released Foxaèr 49 12853 March 17, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: abaris
  YECs not xtian according to James McGrath Godlesspanther 14 5231 January 4, 2014 at 10:23 am
Last Post: MitchBenn
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10514 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul