Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Does All The Money Go?
Where Does All The Money Go?
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/us-contr...stan-deal/

Quote:US Contractor bilked the American military out of $50 million spent on luxury cars on Afghanistan deal

Quote:A U.S. contractor bilked the American military out of $50 million spent on Bentleys, Aston Martins and big salaries for their significant others, according to a government audit. U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill demanded Wednesday that the Pentagon explain why they were allowed to get away with it.

[Image: planemoney.jpg]

And the fucks in the Pentagon always want more!
RE: Where Does All The Money Go?
I'm pretty sure the $200000000000 in annual waste ID'd by Simpson Bowles does NOT include that $50000000.

Sux to be a taxpayer when they are literally pumping money into ratholes for the sake of pumping money into ratholes.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Where Does All The Money Go?
(August 9, 2017 at 7:25 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I'm pretty sure the $200000000000 in annual waste ID'd by Simpson Bowles does NOT include that $50000000.

Sux to be a taxpayer when they are literally pumping money into ratholes for the sake of pumping money into ratholes.

Ike outside of  and JFK seems to have had enough control of congress to understand the dangers of an over boated military complex. Now while I think both Bill and Obama also understood this, they did not have the benefit of the long term bulk of power of all three branches that Reagan started. It is ironic but even Reagan understood this. I think if Reagan were alive today he would be horrified at the deregulation military spending he set in motion. 

I wouldn't shit on the pentagon as much as I would condemn the GOP who gives them that budget and holds dems hostage. If America wants to support the military, the focus does not have to be giving contracts to make more weapons, but more investment in intel, and more investment in those who come back from combat.

Obama said it best in his debate with Romney, when talking about military spending, something referring to use of horses. Back at the founding our military used fleets of horses, but now we don't use military horses outside of parades and ceremony. 

The key to understanding the GOP scam is the same on every issue. What do they want? Do their politicians want the good of the country? Maybe, certainly not impossible. But when you look at decades of a majority on average, it becomes clear, they care about winning, not problem solving. 

Even McCain recently admitted that he got caught up in winning. 

We certainly have to update weapons just like you have to update your computer and cant pragmatically get on the internet with the first version of windows. But more often then not our government spends far too much on weapons and not enough on intel and diplomacy and sanctions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 912 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted Minimalist 3 327 November 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 626 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fuck. It's Only Money Minimalist 0 425 October 31, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  And, As Always, the Pentagon's Answer to This "Problem" is Mo' Money! Minimalist 9 1852 July 24, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  In Any Crime, Follow The Money! Minimalist 15 4062 July 21, 2017 at 12:06 pm
  And Their Solution Of Course Is 'Mo Money' Minimalist 2 713 June 20, 2016 at 8:09 pm
  Don't burn it, but lets make money abaris 43 6019 June 6, 2016 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  FLDS members arrested for fraud and money laundering. brewer 9 2158 February 24, 2016 at 11:07 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fuck - It's Only Money Minimalist 2 1148 December 4, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd