Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't burn it, but lets make money
Don't burn it, but lets make money
National heritage at it's finest in a Ferengi culture. This piece would be in a museum naywhere else, not auctioned off to some rich fuck.

[Image: flag.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1]

Quote:ALBANY — A U.S. flag from one of the thousands of Allied ships that delivered troops and supplies to the Normandy beaches is among the hundreds of D-Day and other World War II artifacts being auctioned in New York City on Thursday, a day before the 70th anniversary of the invasion.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/05/flag-from-d...r-auction/
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Don't burn it, but lets make money
There is no respect for our flag. I agree - it should be in a museum. Or rather it should be at the Smithsonian Institute.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
What if some guy buys it to use as a doormat. Then there will suddenly be wailing.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It might have historical significance just because it was made in the US instead of in China. That makes it a rarity and a possible collector's item.
Why shouldn't a ferengi culture buy from the lowest bidder?
It's all about the money! Money, money, money!
Australia has outsourced it's police uniforms to China and most of our military uniforms also.
America will buy its nukes from ebay China one day!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Never ceases to amaze me how USians obsess over their flag.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 3, 2016 at 7:23 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Why shouldn't a ferengi culture buy from the lowest bidder?
It's all about the money!  Money, money, money!
Australia has outsourced it's police uniforms to China and most of our military uniforms also.
America will buy its nukes from ebay China one day!

LOL, maybe its time for aflageism .... become aflageists .... there is a lot (minuscule compared with the bible) of shit been done in the name of flags and does have a lot of the negative aspects of religion Smile
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
I think it's in our ape dna .
Even if the world became border less, we'd still be xenophobic.

It's tribalism. Even from suburb to suburb.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 3, 2016 at 8:48 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I think it's in our ape dna .
Even if the world became border less, we'd still be xenophobic.

It's tribalism. Even from suburb to suburb.

I agree with you ...  but religion and deism is also part of our dna, but that doesn't stop me rejecting it and disliking it Smile
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 3, 2016 at 7:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Never ceases to amaze me how USians obsess over their flag.

Boru

It's flagellation. [Image: coffee.gif]
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But.. But.... But..... onlinebiker 25 1558 May 6, 2022 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Lets go shopping now, every lizard's learning how Brian37 34 1729 April 11, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Lets hand out guns like candy. Kenosha edition. Brian37 15 688 August 27, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 944 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted Minimalist 3 333 November 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 639 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Comey pulls KELSO BURN on you know who! Brian37 9 1408 February 2, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck. It's Only Money Minimalist 0 431 October 31, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  They Just Don't Make Nazis Like They Used To Minimalist 23 3646 September 5, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Where Does All The Money Go? Minimalist 2 619 August 9, 2017 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37