Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLDS members arrested for fraud and money laundering.
FLDS members arrested for fraud and money laundering.
Federal charges related to the SNAP program.

Quote:" Each of the 11 people indicted face one count of conspiring to defraud the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and one charge of conspiracy to commit money laundering. Prosecutors say church leaders ordered members to use their SNAP benefits to buy food and then give it to the FLDS Storehouse, a communal clearinghouse that collects and distributes commodities to the community. The leaders tell church members that they must obtain their food and household goods solely through the storehouse, the indictment alleges. A large percentage of FLDS Church members living in Short Creek receive SNAP benefits, amounting to millions of dollars in benefits per year, the news release said."

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3571913-155/f...mous-towns
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: FLDS members arrested for fraud and money laundering.
Why, I'm positively shocked.
Impossible.

Their morals are so superior to ours!
Dying to live, living to die.
Jaysus, this is awful.  The next thing you know, churches will be taking money from stupid people under false pretenses, skipping out on taxes, mentally and physically abusing children...oh, wait.  Never mind.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Um . . .

They have a 1st Amendment right to have the taxpayers underwrite their RELIGIOUS breeding colony.

Sheesh, don't you guys here know anything ???
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Stand them in front of a wall and shoot them.
the taxpayers that don't want to pony up for the horny FLDSers ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Another gem from the same story.   Talk about not taking the time to cover their asses.
Quote:Prosecutors also claim that FLDS leaders created two small convenience stores as fronts for accepting electronic money transfers drawn from SNAP benefits. SNAP beneficiaries swiped their cards at the stores but did not receive any goods in return; instead, the funds were allegedly put towards church expenses such as a tractor purchase. According to the indictment, the convenience stores made more sales than franchisees like Walmart and Costco.
b-mine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...mous-sect/
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's standard FLDS practice to defraud the government. They call it, "bleeding the beast."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
old Horny Joe and his shitstain followers, what a pile of crap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caroline Farrow got arrested, spending 5 hours in jail. Jehanne 2 651 October 18, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1035 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 6446 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Bannon behind bars accused of fraud. Brian37 28 1260 August 21, 2020 at 10:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 408 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 911 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members EgoDeath 140 11618 July 21, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "The 1 Billion Dollar Fraud" this fall on ABC Brian37 0 239 May 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Assange Arrested. Brian37 45 4070 April 11, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 420 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath