Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:02 pm

Poll: Vote for the book you would like to review.
This poll is closed.
The Devil's Delusion - David Berlinski
13.33%
2 13.33%
Godless - Dan Barker
0%
0 0%
The Little Book of Atheist Spirituality - André Comte-Sponville
6.67%
1 6.67%
Kluge, the haphazard construction of the human mind - Gary Marcus
20.00%
3 20.00%
Freedom Evolves - Daniel Dennett
20.00%
3 20.00%
God: The Failed Hypothesis - Victor Stenger
33.33%
5 33.33%
The Origin Of Life - Paul Davies
6.67%
1 6.67%
Wonderful Life - Stephen Jay Gould
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for Februarys book.
Vote for Februarys book.
Here is the list of books that have been selected for February.

The poll will be closed at the end of December after which you will have a month (January) to locate the book. At the end of February, or when you have read the book, you can then write a review and/or discuss it.

In the mean time please feel free to make more suggestions for book titles in the suggestions thread. These will then form the next poll for March's book review, and so on..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: The Book Factor.... Vote now.
I voted for "God: The Failed Hypothesis" by Victor Stenger.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
I for "Freedom Evolves" by Daniel Dennett
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
The problem with voting and then reading the book in the following month is getting hold of the actual book. For this vote I think it will be ok, but perhaps from now on we should vote for a book to read the next month (i.e at the end of December, vote for the book to read for February). That gives us all 1 month to find / borrow / buy the book.

With this poll, I think we should read the 1st place book in January, and the 2nd place book in February. At the end of Jan we can have another vote for March's book.
I wouldn't mind having a month to be able to get a hold of the book we're reading. I've got most of the items up there to vote on, so it shouldn't be an issue this month. But I am trying to be more fiscally responsible so it's nice to have a bit of time to work with to see if I can borrow the book from the library or someone else.
Merrie

My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light.
Edna St. Vincent Millay, "A Few Figs from Thistles", 1920
US poet (1892 - 1950)
RE: Vote for Februarys book.
lol i voted for The Origin Of Life - Paul Davies because I already have it and haven't read it.
I am so financially unstable these days.. Can't afford to buy any books.. Aint a friend of the library.
Went a bit crazy the other day and bought pots n pans and an outdoor furniture set rofl.
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.
I voted for God: The Failed Hypothesis.

I think I actually saw that one in the book store today but i didn't want to spend money.

I'll ask my brother if he's got it Smile
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Ugh, I saw 5 of these books in Edinburgh on monday. I knew I shoulda snatched a few up.
I take it the end of December means midnight tonight, correct?
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Yup.. But I'll leave it a while and wait for Hawaii to catch up Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 1023 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 251 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Book banning Spongebob 39 3115 December 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1101 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 1987 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Gay bunny book outsells Pence family's bunny book Foxaèr 1 376 March 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 1998 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 15 3655 June 24, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, I published my first children's book–Tori the Time Traveler Shell B 38 6077 May 28, 2017 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Shell B
  For Fantasy/Sci-Fiction Lovers: What Makes You Reada Book? Rhondazvous 51 5312 February 27, 2017 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous