Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I published my first children's book–Tori the Time Traveler
So, I published my first children's book–Tori the Time Traveler
Hey, guys. My first kids book came out officially today. It's a time travel adventure/historic fiction novel for kids around 9 years old. For those of you who met my niece when she was playing around on here that day, you'll recognize the name. It was written as a birthday present for her because she has always known I'm a writer, but she hated that I didn't write anything that children can read. Well, I caved, and here it is. If you've got kids who like to read, I hope they'll like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07147PM59/ref...TF8&btkr=1
RE: So, I published my first children's book–Tori the Time Traveler
I'll check it out when I get home and plan on ordering it for my kids! So cool, ShellB! Congrats!
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Thank you very much. This was a fun book to write for me. I've always wanted to do historical fiction, and am in the beginning stages of a historical adult novel (not adult in that sense). I never thought the first one I wrote would be a kids book. In fact, I never planned to write children's fiction, but here I am.

I hope your kids like it! It shouldn't be a tough read. I threw a handful of challenging words in there to help kids learn something, but other than that, it's pretty standard.
Wow congratulations!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
That's awesome!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Thanks, e'erbody.
I wrote a book for kids once, but I couldn't find a publisher. You'd think Knopf would jump at the chance to put 'Billy the Bunny Eats Your Parents', on the shelves, but noooooooo......

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nobody goes with the Big 5 (really 4 now) anymore, unless they were already there. It's soul sucking. You go right ahead and make that monstrous Billy the Bunny a serial blog. Tongue
Do you plan/hope to make this a series? If so, any ideas for book 2?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Wow Shell! I heard you wrote two novels years ago but I didn't know you were still publishing!

And -- wow! -- I didn't know you wrote children's books too.

(May 19, 2017 at 2:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I wrote a book for kids once, but I couldn't find a publisher.  You'd think Knopf would jump at the chance to put 'Billy the Bunny Eats Your Parents', on the shelves, but noooooooo......

Boru

I know right?! I even wrote one called "There's A Monster Under Your Bed & Yes It's Real" but my proposal got rejected. Even when I said I'd also throw in a free copy of the sequel "P.S. It Also Has A Large Axe" as a limited bonus edition but I still got turned down.

I still maintain the position that the original got rejected because of the publisher's own prejudices against ampersands. And... as for the sequel, well, I guess sequels don't make sense without the original work.

Publishers can be annoying... and he sure was: Damn ampersand racist he was.

And I would have omitted the ampersand in the title but if I did that then one of the main plot points in the third of my trilogy "A Giant Evil Possessed Ampersand That Shat Its Own Brains Out" wouldn't even make any sense... and I've got too much pride -- too much pride -- to compromise one of the main plot points in my third novel (namely one of the key reasons the ampersand shits its own brains out) just to get my books published. The whole trilogy is of a very personal nature to me.

Or, it would be, if I wasn't making this all up talking shite and being a silly bugger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 971 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 246 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Book banning Spongebob 39 3000 December 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1078 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 1927 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Gay bunny book outsells Pence family's bunny book Foxaèr 1 365 March 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 1949 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 15 3632 June 24, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  "Logan" is the first Marvel movie I'm interested in seeing since the first Avengers Aegon 30 4537 March 19, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Jesster
  For Fantasy/Sci-Fiction Lovers: What Makes You Reada Book? Rhondazvous 51 5178 February 27, 2017 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous